Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder Allen
Dear Family,
Ha Ha! My mind is kind of jumbled right now so I am not sure how this email is going to turn out. Just thought I would warn you.
First, yes, I noticed you are stressed. Second, I did not know anything about the shooting. Third and Fifth, I will definitely pray for grandma. Forth, I think I told you.
Well, mission accomplished! Thanks to Sister N gogo and Sister M we were able to have a "White Christmas" in [bulawayo]. We held a baptism this last Sunday and it truly was wonderful! Yo! A lot of support from the members. We had an issue with the font and we had brown water filling in. It seemed that after the baptism no one seemed to remember the filthy water. What was noticeable was the large smiles on our two new members. You could feel the warmth and the love as each of the members whom had stayed behind for the baptism welcomed the new sisters with warm hugs. What a wonderful experience. Sister L was supposed to join them, but she had to travel to Botswana for a doctor's check-up. Oh well, she will just start the new year with a bang by being part of the December 30th baptism.
A blessing I have noticed this week has been the teaching. I really love how Elder Allen teaches. I think we will be a POWERFUL teaching companionship along with the spirit of the Lord. The Spirit has been the miracle for me. I have been taking the time in lessons to stop and share with those we are teaching, "the Spirit of the Lord is here." As we help them to recognize the Spirit in the lesson the more likely they will recognize it as they pray, read the Book of Mormon, coming to church, and while keeping other commitments. I can see the change.
Well, the Christmas Training /Devotional /Conference Thing truly was a blessing. I felt the spirit strongly with the music, talk-amonies, activities, gifts, and the Christ Spirit. I have some ideas of how i wish to spend this Christmas season...a lot of service.
Have a wonderful Christmas almost, thank you, and I love you.
Our ward is so POWERFUL. You can just let everyone know that I think they are POWERFUL like nuts! I am also very excited to talk to you on Christmas.
Elder Allen is POWERFUL! He is an excellent teacher and we also have a lot in common. He is pretty much one of my best friends. Honestly, if we knew each other back home I am sure we would have been good friends. He reminds me of all the guys I would hang out with. I love our teaching together. I think we are going to do POWERFUL things together. Guess what I found out, this transfer will be 10 weeks long. Last transfer ended two weeks early for the December group to go home before Christmas and the whole mission has been extended 2 weeks, so this transfer will be 10 weeks long. Yo! I am excited. These are just rumors I am hearing so do not take my word for it.
Oh yeah...[Elder Allen] does not have a camera.
Forgive me. I am running out of time,. I love you all so much. We should be emailing next week so we will talk then and then we will talk face to face"ish" I love you.
Keep the Faith
L O V E
Elder TOM
Ha Ha! My mind is kind of jumbled right now so I am not sure how this email is going to turn out. Just thought I would warn you.
First, yes, I noticed you are stressed. Second, I did not know anything about the shooting. Third and Fifth, I will definitely pray for grandma. Forth, I think I told you.
Well, mission accomplished! Thanks to Sister N gogo and Sister M we were able to have a "White Christmas" in [bulawayo]. We held a baptism this last Sunday and it truly was wonderful! Yo! A lot of support from the members. We had an issue with the font and we had brown water filling in. It seemed that after the baptism no one seemed to remember the filthy water. What was noticeable was the large smiles on our two new members. You could feel the warmth and the love as each of the members whom had stayed behind for the baptism welcomed the new sisters with warm hugs. What a wonderful experience. Sister L was supposed to join them, but she had to travel to Botswana for a doctor's check-up. Oh well, she will just start the new year with a bang by being part of the December 30th baptism.
A blessing I have noticed this week has been the teaching. I really love how Elder Allen teaches. I think we will be a POWERFUL teaching companionship along with the spirit of the Lord. The Spirit has been the miracle for me. I have been taking the time in lessons to stop and share with those we are teaching, "the Spirit of the Lord is here." As we help them to recognize the Spirit in the lesson the more likely they will recognize it as they pray, read the Book of Mormon, coming to church, and while keeping other commitments. I can see the change.
Well, the Christmas Training /Devotional /Conference Thing truly was a blessing. I felt the spirit strongly with the music, talk-amonies, activities, gifts, and the Christ Spirit. I have some ideas of how i wish to spend this Christmas season...a lot of service.
Have a wonderful Christmas almost, thank you, and I love you.
Our ward is so POWERFUL. You can just let everyone know that I think they are POWERFUL like nuts! I am also very excited to talk to you on Christmas.
Elder Allen is POWERFUL! He is an excellent teacher and we also have a lot in common. He is pretty much one of my best friends. Honestly, if we knew each other back home I am sure we would have been good friends. He reminds me of all the guys I would hang out with. I love our teaching together. I think we are going to do POWERFUL things together. Guess what I found out, this transfer will be 10 weeks long. Last transfer ended two weeks early for the December group to go home before Christmas and the whole mission has been extended 2 weeks, so this transfer will be 10 weeks long. Yo! I am excited. These are just rumors I am hearing so do not take my word for it.
Oh yeah...[Elder Allen] does not have a camera.
Forgive me. I am running out of time,. I love you all so much. We should be emailing next week so we will talk then and then we will talk face to face"ish" I love you.
Keep the Faith
L O V E
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment