Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blessings from Heaven

Jake loves the temple.  So do I, but I feel so blessed that my son does too.  You worry as you raise your children, hoping they make the right choices and follow that 'strait and narrow path'.  Jake certainly has clung to that iron rod and I feel so blessed for this fact!


Jake has had a goal: he wants to attend the temple at least once a week every week from the time he received his endowments until he leaves for his mission.  So far he's accomplished this goal, sometimes attending more than once in a week.  He's had some great friends and they have gone every Friday morning with the exception of a couple of Fridays because of work.  I have been going with him on most Saturday mornings.

It's been such a joy to spend time attending the temple with Jake over the last three months.  It's going to be hard going back to attending without him when he's gone, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  We attended the Oquiirh Mountain Temple a couple of weeks ago and it was especially nice.  Our whole family attended the open house, so it was really amazing to sit in the Celestial room with my oldest son and remember when we were there last with his younger siblings.  It was nice sitting there knowing that all three of my children had been in that room, albeit not when it was dedicated.  That's always been the thing I desired most, to be in that room with all of my children.  I have been able to get the first step of that goal over the last three months as I attended different temples with Jake.  I pray that I can also sit there with my younger two some day and that we can all be there together. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment