| Teaching in the new branch in Dombashawa village |
Hey there Family!
I am glad Grandpa and Grandma received my letter. I have made it a goal that I will always make sure I write them as soon as I get a letter from them. I have really struggled in writing back others and even in writing in my own journal, but I will make sure I will always write my grandparents. Ha Ha! I am glad everyone liked my photo.
As for the branch, things are POWERFUL! President has taken his role as Branch President seriously. We had some issues this week with a rumor going around. We were trying to go around to see and talk to the members about their concerns with President. We found out there was a rumor about members seeing President drinking. They were upset because they thought he was not trying to quit. After some investigation we found out that President was going around saying good-bye to all his drinking buddies and inviting them to church. Also, another member did some of his on investigating and found that the president was drinking Coke in the bars. So the stories have matched up. I was able to see President in action on Sunday and his 1st Counselor was called. I know Domboshawa is in good hands. It is ready to grow.
So everything has settled down and I was able to witness the work of the Lord all around me. I truly have been blessed to be here serving in the Domboshawa Branch in the Zimbabwe Harare Mission.
Ha Ha! Rachel is POWERFUL! Thank you for getting her something for me (it's her birthday). I am also glad that see loves Akrica (how his sister says Africa), because I do to! So I guess I have a ninja sista now. So she will be the ninja and I will be the pirate. POWERFUL! (she pretends to be a ninja)
So a ninja sista and a artsy brudda? Cool. I would like to see some of his artwork. I bet my skill has gone way down. I need to get back into art when I come home.
Dear Rachel,
I am a Pirate! Argh! Ha Ha! I love you more! I saw your ninja picture. It is POWERFUL! I am trying to get pictures for you to see. Hopefully I can get them to you soon. I am glad to here you still have long hair. Thank you for playing with my cat. He needs someone there since I am not around. I love you! I love green! I love Rachel! Love you like nuts ma sista!
Jakey
Dear Jordan,
Hello Jordan Haltom. Ha Ha! I love you too man! What?! You have an Arrow of Light? That is pretty sweet brudda! I have been having trouble trying to getZimbabwe money, but I will send them when I get them. I actually am planning to send the ones I have with my next letter to you. Have you sent your letter yet? I am not sure if I should wait for that one or not. Ha Ha! You got sick? Ha Ha! I got sick too! That is fantastic that I still have a fantastic basket ball player as a brother. I love you like nuts ma brudda!
Jake
Thank you for getting those slacks. I will let you know if they are good or not when I get them. As for packages I have received two. One with mac n' cheese with a hard drive inside and also some photos and snacks. I received another one that was bigger and had pasta,Milo mint cookies, fortune cookies, suckers, garments, socks, ect. So what all has been sent? Did you send those letters yet? I was going to check the office today or tomorrow for those dearElders. So far Elder Wae has not received his package. I hope it comes soon. I was really excited for that package too.
I will definitely be praying for Grandma and Grandpa. I hope all goes well on Thursday. Let me know what happens.
I am so GREAT! I am actually really excited for transfers tomorrow, although I think I might already know what they are. My companion is good. He has been really excited about the whole creation of the branch. I feel bad for him though. He has not been able to do anything fun this transfer and it is his last one. Today is our first real P-Day this transfer and our plans fell through and now we are not doing anythings. So my companion does not get to do anything fun before he goes. I do not know how I can help him. I cannot even ask for help from you because next time we email he will be on the plain back home. Oh well, maybe I will figure something out.
My other companion is doing well too! Ha Ha! Elder Robi is actually doing a bit better from our time together in Blues. I am not sure what is going to happen, but we are pretty sure Elder Robi will be my companion next transfer. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
So everything is just POWERFUL! I feel like I have been a bit lax in my teaching and I want to work on that this week. This transfer has really helped me to realize I need to be more bold and take the lead more often. I am going to need a lot of help with this. I need my Savior.
Ha Ha! Attitude is everything. I did a lot of changing before mission. I am not like any other missionary in the world. I definitely not better then any other, but I am not in the same category as anyone else and I refuse to compare myself to anyone. Thank you for noticing I am really trying to apply myself. I hope with all my heart I can continue to change and become His.
I love you all like nuts!
Elder Tom
As for the branch, things are POWERFUL! President has taken his role as Branch President seriously. We had some issues this week with a rumor going around. We were trying to go around to see and talk to the members about their concerns with President. We found out there was a rumor about members seeing President drinking. They were upset because they thought he was not trying to quit. After some investigation we found out that President was going around saying good-bye to all his drinking buddies and inviting them to church. Also, another member did some of his on investigating and found that the president was drinking Coke in the bars. So the stories have matched up. I was able to see President in action on Sunday and his 1st Counselor was called. I know Domboshawa is in good hands. It is ready to grow.
So everything has settled down and I was able to witness the work of the Lord all around me. I truly have been blessed to be here serving in the Domboshawa Branch in the Zimbabwe Harare Mission.
Ha Ha! Rachel is POWERFUL! Thank you for getting her something for me (it's her birthday). I am also glad that see loves Akrica (how his sister says Africa), because I do to! So I guess I have a ninja sista now. So she will be the ninja and I will be the pirate. POWERFUL! (she pretends to be a ninja)
So a ninja sista and a artsy brudda? Cool. I would like to see some of his artwork. I bet my skill has gone way down. I need to get back into art when I come home.
Dear Rachel,
I am a Pirate! Argh! Ha Ha! I love you more! I saw your ninja picture. It is POWERFUL! I am trying to get pictures for you to see. Hopefully I can get them to you soon. I am glad to here you still have long hair. Thank you for playing with my cat. He needs someone there since I am not around. I love you! I love green! I love Rachel! Love you like nuts ma sista!
Jakey
Dear Jordan,
Hello Jordan Haltom. Ha Ha! I love you too man! What?! You have an Arrow of Light? That is pretty sweet brudda! I have been having trouble trying to get
Jake
Thank you for getting those slacks. I will let you know if they are good or not when I get them. As for packages I have received two. One with mac n' cheese with a hard drive inside and also some photos and snacks. I received another one that was bigger and had pasta,
I will definitely be praying for Grandma and Grandpa. I hope all goes well on Thursday. Let me know what happens.
I am so GREAT! I am actually really excited for transfers tomorrow, although I think I might already know what they are. My companion is good. He has been really excited about the whole creation of the branch. I feel bad for him though. He has not been able to do anything fun this transfer and it is his last one. Today is our first real P-Day this transfer and our plans fell through and now we are not doing anythings. So my companion does not get to do anything fun before he goes. I do not know how I can help him. I cannot even ask for help from you because next time we email he will be on the plain back home. Oh well, maybe I will figure something out.
My other companion is doing well too! Ha Ha! Elder Robi is actually doing a bit better from our time together in Blues. I am not sure what is going to happen, but we are pretty sure Elder Robi will be my companion next transfer. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
So everything is just POWERFUL! I feel like I have been a bit lax in my teaching and I want to work on that this week. This transfer has really helped me to realize I need to be more bold and take the lead more often. I am going to need a lot of help with this. I need my Savior.
Ha Ha! Attitude is everything. I did a lot of changing before mission. I am not like any other missionary in the world. I definitely not better then any other, but I am not in the same category as anyone else and I refuse to compare myself to anyone. Thank you for noticing I am really trying to apply myself. I hope with all my heart I can continue to change and become His.
I love you all like nuts!
Elder Tom
| 65 Enterprise Way - the address where Jake's letters go. Jake's home is just on the other side of these buildings |
| Jake, Elder Robi and Elder Monyayi walking through the bush to a n appt |
| Jake and Elder Monyayi on a 'road' in Domboshawa during a rainstorm. This is why missionaries need really good shoes! |
| Elder Jake and Monyayi emptying a baptism font in Domboshawa |
No comments:
Post a Comment