Family - wonderful fantastic group of amazing people in whom I love
I am POWERFUL! My week was really great! And the transfer was a wonderful learning experience for me. Elder Monyayi left this morning and Elder Robi is with his new companion, Elder Bradshaw. Ha Ha! They will be in my district so I will still be seeing them. As for me I am serving in Domboshawa with Elder Miller! Ha Ha! Elder Miller is POWERFUL! I am his second companion, he was actually trained by someone in my group. He is from Vermont and guess what? He is black! Ha Ha! I am really excited for this transfer! I hope I can be a good example. I am really going to need help from my Father in Heaven to be a blessing to my companion and the area we have been given.
I emailed Elder Dragon and he told me to forward this: Yeah Yeah, don't worry. I appreciate your concern and your mothers.
GIANT AMOUNTS OF LOVE/
Elder Dragon RAWR!
P.S. you can forward this email to your mom so she knows I am ok...THANKS SISTER HALTOM!
I am glad to here you were able to go to Sunday School. I know how much you like that class. Let me know what happens in church!
Ha Ha! I think it is going to take me a while to remember Rachel's birthday. I am horrible at remembering dates. I hope her birthday will be great. I am also happy that Jordan is taking his scouting seriously. If he continues it can become a real blessing in his life. Encourage him to keep going strong!
Man, it sounds like the party was a great experience. It has been so long since I have seen my friends and their families, but then again time has gone so fast that it is really not that long. I really do hope that *** goes on mission. It will be a great blessing, but I know that the Lord will direct his path. We can only be there for him to support and encourage. Ha Ha! We finally found the check! I knew it was somewhere in the house! Ha Ha! Thank you mom for supporting my friends. I bet it means a lot to them and it means so much to me. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother.
So you know, I received two packages this last week. They were both those envelope packages. I cannot exactly remember what was in them,(wait, one was the bag. thank you!) but I have been enjoying the things you have sent. I also received your letters and i hope to write back soon. Also, mom, you are inspired. In one of the packages you sent popcorn. the only house in the whole of the Zimbabwe Harare mission with a microwave is the transfer house. I thought that was funny.
Stamps are not a big issue. I actually found some in the transfer house and I still have a few extras, so I should be good for awhile. Also, i know nothing of package sending so i am probably not the best person to ask. Ha Ha!
You are very welcome for the photos. I will not be able to send photos today. I wanted to send you the photo of me having 3 companions at the same time, but the nice email shop were I can send photos their server was down, so we had to come email at the xhing email cafe.
Dear Rachel,
Happy Birthday! I love you! I love you! I love you! Hey, tell them to take the ring back. You are too young to get married. ;) I hope you have a most wonderful birthday Rachel! I wish I could be there for it! Have a lot of fun, okay? Go crazy! I love you ma sista!
Jakey
Dear Jordan,
My brudda frum da same mudda! Man, I miss bowling! I think all my skill will be gone when i get back home. Ha Ha! I am glad you had fun at the party! Do you hang out with Caleb a lot? You also played on a tramp? Tramps are POWERFUL! Man, I would like to take you to this place where they have tramps, foam pits, and just a bunch of fun stuff! For sure when i come home. So what are you learning in church and with mom? I will share more about my week later in this message and as for animals not yet, but I think I will be seeing some this transfer. I will find out tomorrow. I love you like a brudda my brudda!
Elder Jake Tom
I am glad things went well on Thursday for Grandma and Grandpa. Besides Uncle Jay are they doing okay? I will think and pray for them.
Ha Ha! Again, I wish I could be there for Rachel's birthday, but it sounds like it will be just great! Let me know how her birthday was.
Keoni better be around when I come back or else I will go find him and give him fire like nuts! Ha Ha! I love that man.
As for this last week it was really good! We witnessed a POWERFUL baptism on Saturday. They are both really strong. I was worried about the baba (father). He and his wife had only been to church once and they missed sacrament, but Elder Monyayi wanted them to be baptized. (The father) surprised me on Saturday when he volunteered to help clean the school before church next Sunday. He will be a strong member. And then we have Brother **. I have grown really close to this brother. He has such a strong testimony and a burning desire to do absolutely everything to save his soul and guide his family. He has been having an issue with working on Sundays. When we went to help him figure out what to do he told us that going to church was so important that if his bosses would not give him Sundays he will quit his job. Now, in Zimbabwe that is a big deal. But he feels confident that God will bless him with a job were he does not have to work Sundays.
The area is POWERFUL! The branch is really growing and becoming stronger and stronger. I have high hopes for Domboshawa. I hope Elder Miller and I can do what is required, do what our Father in Heaven wants of us. I love this work. I love these people. I love my new companion. I love my Savior. I love my Father.
Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for helping me focus on my goal to love. I love you all.
With love, a lot of love,
Elder Tom
No comments:
Post a Comment