Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oct 10 Letter, In Bulawayo





Thank you so much for the advice! I need to start bringing a notebook and pen so I can write your inspirations down. Ha Ha! It would probably help me remember them better. I knew you would be the perfect mission mom. One that would help me stay focused on the work and do
everything she could on her side to help me out. I thank you and my Lord my God for giving you to me. I also thank you, Rachel, and Jordan (my dear family) for your prayers.

(p.s. My companion just read what you wrote to him and he says thank you.) we said we are praying for him too

I will work on my prayers for you guys. Often I am so concerned with the work that I forget to pray for my family. I am sorry. I have forgotten that you told me I am not just serving in Zimbabwe. Again, I will pray for you.

What exactly did you send? I was hoping you were going to wait for me to tell you today what I needed you to send.

I found that I can buy an external hard drive here. They sell 500GB external hard drives for $120.00. I am going to buy one next week. I do not know if they will accept my cash and I was hoping you could make sure my debit card has enough money in there for 120 dollars plus tax. This is what I am going to use to save my pictures and we can just send each other flashdrives so that you can have pictures. Did you get an email with pictures last week?

(asked him why he didn't want any photos from  home) I did not want pictures, because I did not want to think of home. I mean that as I do not want to dwell on being home. Actually though, I think I may need one. Can you send me one, just one, photo of you, Jordan, and Rachel and a photo, just one photo, of Grandma and
Grandpa? I think that may help remind me to say prayers for you. In a way my reasons for not wanting photos is complicated, but at the same time it is simple: I want to make sure I am serving my Father in Heaven with my whole might, mind, and strength. I feel like photos
will keep my mind on home. That is my reason and I hope I did not offend. I also hope that made sense.

It was really slow. It was also not too great. People were not showing for appointments. Also, it seemed like people were losing interest. I fasted on Sunday and I am excited for this coming week. Week 3 is behind us and I know this week will be better. I know that no effort
is ever wasted, so last week was not a failure it was just disappointing. But again, last week has only made me more excited for this week.

Turns out I am seeing conference this week. I heard wrong so I thought I was going to see it last weekend. So will let you know what I enjoyed about conference next week.

Please let me know what you guys are struggling with. I believe in specific prayers to receive specific blessings. I cannot pray for your needs if you will not tell me what is going on. I promise it will not effect the work I am doing so please let me know so I can help.

(we asked how he gets around and if he has a bike)  We bike to our area, leave the bikes at members homes, and walk everywhere else. Our bikes suck though so sometimes we end up walking the whole day. Our bikes have so many problems. Church is really great. They have a strong youth and most all of the members are nice. Elder Wae and I are new so we have been trying to get to know the members. There are a lot of less-actives and I am not sure how many actives there are so I cannot tell you how big it is. The size of sacrament meeting is just a bit more than ours back home. I do not do the sacrament.

So I think I replied to everything so I will just talk about things for a bit.

Okay, so just to let you know, the water is fine here. It tastes like normal water to me, so I do not need those flavor packets. Also, in Africa they sell beverages you have to dilute, so they kind of have their own flavoring. They taste kind of weird but they are all right. The one we buy most often is called Mezoa. We buy the orange flavor.

(Oh yeah! So I wanted to send you souvenirs, but they have like nothing here. At least what I have seen there are no cool things to send home. I can try to find things, but ask Jordan or Rachel if they want anything specific.)

(I got your small package on Thursday the 6th. Thank you. I really enjoyed the fruit leather.)

So they have really great bread here and we eat it all the time. I mean all the time! But they do not really have a lot of things to put on it. I was hoping you could send some Nutella. :)

I forgot to tell you! They have lemon trees here! They are everywhere! I can just walk up to one and grab a lemon and eat it. Ha Ha! Actually I did that and an old bubba (guy) started calling me a thief! Ha Ha! He was a funny guy. I love this place! It is totally where I am
supposed to be.

I love the spirit I have been feeling. It is so great when you have that powerful feeling when you are teaching. I am really trying to learn all I can about the spirit. It is the key element to everything I am doing. Oh this work is so great!

My dear brother and sister, how the heaven are you? From what I hear you are having trails. I hope you are enduring well. Please try to find joy in everything. Things may be tough, but you need to be optimistic and hopeful. You will find when you live life unhappily it
is not worth living. Please try to find joy in your hard times. Think of your silly brother running around in Africa with a Book of Mormon in hand. I do my best to stay happy when i have trials. I have found out that when I do this I not only help my self, but I help others
through my example, and that brings me even more joy. So please remember my smiling face and I hope that will bring a smile to your face. Hey Jordan, just a little secret, but the ladies like happy fun guys ;).
MomJordan, Rachel I love you dearly. I look forward to here from you next week. Rachel, I hope you are still my crazy awesome haired little sister. Jordan, I hope you are doing well in school, being an example to your friends, and I know you doing well with all your girlfriends
at school. Mom, I already told you how great you are and I just want to thank you again.

Until next week! :)

Alma chapter 32, if you have no faith plant a seed. If you have faith
do not let it die, but let it grow.

Keep the Faith.




doing his own laundry :)

Jake, Elder Wae, Elder Marriza?, and Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment