Companion: Elder Wae
Dear Beloved Family of Mine,
Forgive me, but I came completely unprepared for you today. Every P-Day I have had in the field on mission has been lame. We did not doanything, but today we got an SM saying that we were going to go play soccer and have a braai. I was so excited I left everything home after I got changed. So I will be getting the external hard drive next week. All of my notes and everything are home as well, so I am sorry if this email does not have a lot of information.
I am really well just as always! This was probably the best week for me. We have been doing a lot of work and we ended the week with conference, so I could not be any more happy. I have been trying to manage my time better and it has been helping me feel better. I have so many faults though. So many
things I need to work on. I find myself thinking about Mosiah 2:21 a lot. I know I can never be a profitable servant, but I desire with my whole soul to be the Lord's servant. I wish with all my heart to serve him the rest of my days. It is just that I always find things I need to work on, which is good of course.
things I need to work on. I find myself thinking about Mosiah 2:21 a lot. I know I can never be a profitable servant, but I desire with my whole soul to be the Lord's servant. I wish with all my heart to serve him the rest of my days. It is just that I always find things I need to work on, which is good of course.
I am very sorry, but no pictures this week. I have been borrowing a card reader from Elder
Gay, but he is not here this week and, again, I forgot my stuff. Thank you so much for sending things for me. I really appreciate it. Ha Ha! Christmas. Okay, so something I would really like is Kool-ade. The thing I miss the most is my juice and fruit (they eat so much meat here, GROSS), but I know that cannot be sent, but Elder Hales (Elder Maruza's new companion) has been making Kool-ade and I love it! Also, the only thing I can think of now is a backpack. I bought one, but it is gene (gene means bad/suckish, it is a mission word).
Gay, but he is not here this week and, again, I forgot my stuff. Thank you so much for sending things for me. I really appreciate it. Ha Ha! Christmas. Okay, so something I would really like is Kool-ade. The thing I miss the most is my juice and fruit (they eat so much meat here, GROSS), but I know that cannot be sent, but Elder Hales (Elder Maruza's new companion) has been making Kool-ade and I love it! Also, the only thing I can think of now is a backpack. I bought one, but it is gene (gene means bad/suckish, it is a mission word).
I stay in a house with my companion, Elder Maruza, and Elder Hales. I believe I sent a picture of my companion, Elder Maruza, Elder Johnson, and me. Elder Johnson got Emergency Transferred last Monday and Elder hales showed up to take his place.
Just to let you know, I recieved your letters on Tuesday and I have started to write back! Heaven Yes! I was planning on printing pictures today so I can send some when I send letters, but I forgot my stuff so I will be sending them next week. The letter writing takes up a lot of time, but I am starting to make time for them. I plan on sending letters next Monday. Again, I cannot tell you how sorry I am about being so slow with the letters.
I will be praying for you guys and Grandma and grandpa tonight. Always let me know if you need my help. Also, I will be praying for you for the 22nd, but I need you to pray for my investigators for that day too. We are having a baptism on that day. I really need some help from my Lord and your prayers. If you can do that it would help so much. Thank you.
I loved Conference! It was absolutely great. I took a lot of notes and I think some of it may help me on mission. Elder Bednar's talk really hit me. It made me want to come home and do family history. ...I have done a little study on the spirit of Elijah. I also love temple work so much. Mom, I think
the first thing I want to do when I am home is Family history. Also, thank you for telling me about Elder Cook. I am glad he spoke at General Conference. He visited us in the MTC and I was
able to shake his hand. His talk was powerful! I always try to "look up" not down. He shared his testimony in the MTC. If you look in the back of the Liahona/Ensign of last Conference just before I left you will find a little thing about him and it talks about what he shared with us in the MTC. How he was not called to learn a language, but to serve. that testimony helped me. Also, I forgot to bring it, but in that magazine for last conference there is a picture of Elder Maruza. It is on the page right after the pictures of the presidency, quorm of the twelve, and the seventy. It is in the top left hand corner. It was taken in Zambia. You can find Elder Maruza using that picture I sent you.
I will be praying for you guys and Grandma and grandpa tonight. Always let me know if you need my help. Also, I will be praying for you for the 22nd, but I need you to pray for my investigators for that day too. We are having a baptism on that day. I really need some help from my Lord and your prayers. If you can do that it would help so much. Thank you.
I loved Conference! It was absolutely great. I took a lot of notes and I think some of it may help me on mission. Elder Bednar's talk really hit me. It made me want to come home and do family history. ...I have done a little study on the spirit of Elijah. I also love temple work so much. Mom, I think
the first thing I want to do when I am home is Family history. Also, thank you for telling me about Elder Cook. I am glad he spoke at General Conference. He visited us in the MTC and I was
able to shake his hand. His talk was powerful! I always try to "look up" not down. He shared his testimony in the MTC. If you look in the back of the Liahona/Ensign of last Conference just before I left you will find a little thing about him and it talks about what he shared with us in the MTC. How he was not called to learn a language, but to serve. that testimony helped me. Also, I forgot to bring it, but in that magazine for last conference there is a picture of Elder Maruza. It is on the page right after the pictures of the presidency, quorm of the twelve, and the seventy. It is in the top left hand corner. It was taken in Zambia. You can find Elder Maruza using that picture I sent you.
That is so cool Jordan! I think I would like to go to Lagoon about now. That is wonderful that you will be doing your primary thing. I am excited for you. I work in the townships so I am not in the wildlife. We have Zone activities every transfer, so I might be able to go out somewhere. The only time I saw animals was on my first day in Harare. We past a field with Zebras in it. Other than that I have only seen dogs, cats, birds, and tiny lizards. I teach a lot of people. The work in Zimbabwe is one of
the highest in all the missions around the world, so all I can say is that I have taught a lot of people. I have not done a lot of sight seeing and most of the souvenirs are in Harare, but I will keep looking for something to send you guys. I will be sending some of the money used and not used here. I have been trying to collect some. Hopefully it will get to you.
Hi Rachel! You cute little thing. I am really sorry, but I have no idea what to write to you. I just hope you are growing up to be a crazy tom boy with awesome hair! Mom, do not cut it...like forever...or at least until I am off mission.
I love you all with all my heart. I thank you for the support, prayers, supplies, and letters. I thank my God for sending me a wonderful family.
Keep the Faith.
Elder Haltom,
Otherwise known as Jake.
No comments:
Post a Comment