Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7 letter and photos from Nkulumane



Dear Family of Mine in Whom I Love,

Ha Ha! Oh mom, you make me laugh when you write to me. Just to let you know, the letters were given to my Zone Leaders Tuesday, so they should be on their way.

(Sorry, if you can, I would like you to get a hold of Jordan. I want his address so I can write him a letter. I would also like to get the lyrics and, if possible, a sound recording of the song he sang at my farewell. If all else fails you can try to contact him through Facebook.)

Ha Ha! I love Keoni! What you were saying about what he said reminds me of a letter in that pack of letters you gave me. I plan on enjoying every single second of mission. Thank you for the encouragement!

FLIP!  I talked with Elder Dragon on Thursday! We had the number for where he was transferred. My companion had a meeting to go to in Gweru on Thursday, so I was left home with a ward missionary planning by myself, so I called him. It was so very nice. How is his family doing? He told me there is now a photo of him and I together in Holmes Clothing, did you know about that?

Thank you for the blog stuff. I will check it out today! :)

My dear brother Jordan,
I am glad you had fun on Halloween! You should send me some of your candy! Ha Ha! Did you just go with mom and Rachel? That is so cool that you went to MWB charity. Those things you got sound awesome! I have not seen any really cool African things yet. I only sent you a little bit of the money. Here in Blues (Bulawayo) they do not have a lot of the Zimbabwe dollars. They are mostly found in Harare. But, this week I found a 10,000,000,000 (10 billion) Zimbabwe dollar and I will send it with my next letter. I am working on getting the 100,000,000,000,000 (100 Trillion) dollar. Soon you can tell all your friends you are a billion or trillionare! That was great to hear about your soccer games. I love football (soccer) so much and I sometimes get the chance to play it here. They love football here! I love you brudda! Until next time.

My dear lovely Rachel,
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you...(breathe in)...I LOVE YOU! Ha Ha! I was pretty much yelling at the computer! I love you Rachel!

A lot of the Zimbabwe dollars that I find are worn and crinkled, so it might have been nice to buy some nice crisp ones, just saying. ;) 
(told him we almost bought some at an African charity event this last weekend) Yeah, I got that photo. Like every white missionary has that photo of the Zambian kid and the model. I know a lot about it. There are a lot of missionaries (like Elder Hales) who have spent time in Zambia who have met the boy. (the Worth of a Soul portrait)

So speaking about your friend Dawn, I received an interesting Dear Elder on Tuesday. All the Elders in my Zone are asking about this girl who wrote me. Ha Ha! I told them I would ask you to send a picture of her via email, so they can see if she is powerful or not. So can you do that for me? 

There are two Barlow's I know of. The one in my group and the one that just left.  I have heard so many stories of fathers, when coming to their area, telling their son that it "is everything that the light touches." So it is a common thing here. Ha Ha! It is funny that you bring these things up.  (fathers are senior missionaries and sons are jr missionaries)

Ha Ha! Snow? What is snow? Ha Ha! I just have this feeling that I will not be seeing that for awhile.

 To be honest I did not even think about praying about what I should do with the situation I told you about. Mom, this is not distracting me. My Father in Heaven has prepared me well for mission. I settled everything before I came on mission. It was just something I was thinking about and Elder Hales gave me an idea. I decided before I even turned in my papers that I would not worry and i would leave everything to the Lord. I know my Father is on my side just as my Savior. I was worried you might misinterpret my last email. I just wanted your "okay" and opinion Thank you so much for the support you show me and thank you for being concerned for me. You are a wonderful mother.

I will be trying to do photos after this email. I kind of want to write more, so I think I will do photos and after I will write again. :)

I love you and I love your support! You are and absolutely splendid family! I love you all so much! Tell the ward I love them. Tell grandma and grandpa I love them. Flip, tell everyone I love them and that they are powerful!

Keep the Faith

Elder (Jakey Cakes) Haltom

top: Elder Barlow, Elder Griffiths, Elder Hales(top) Elder Asay, Jake, ?
front: 2nd from right - Elder Wae, Jake's companion
Elder Hales, Elder Robinson, Elder Wae, Jakey Cakes
Nkulumane Chapel

Khami Ruins that Jake visited 
Jake third from right, at the Khami Ruins


No comments:

Post a Comment