Fantastic Family!
Merry-Christmas-to-you-also-in-a-Week!!! So far I have only received
two Christmas packages. One small one with candy in it and a bigger
one with candy and a bag. Thank you so much by the way! I enjoyed the
package so much! It was so powerful for me! Elder Wae left before I
opened the package so I am going to take those gifts to him for
Christmas. And yes, you should pay more attention to the spirit! Ha
Ha!
Dear Jordan,
I am kind of jealous right now. It sounds like the ward party was
awesome and very much enjoyable. Ha Ha! I am glad you had fun! Ha Ha!
Then play hard against Bro Bollin and Charles! kick their trash all
over the place! You can also tell them not to. I know you are an
excellent ball player. Thank you for letting me know how my cat is! It
still means a lot to me. I am also very excited to talk to you as
well! It is probably going to go by too fast, but I will enjoy every
second!
I love you more than 10 Santas in a hot-air-balloon-sized-bag which is a lot,
Your Brudda
Dear Rachel!
I love you and wish I could come see you! I am sure you will get
everything you want and more! Santa is a nice guy! Ha Ha! How is the
elf doing? I kind of forgot about him. Tell him I say hello. I love
you more still! That also be it.
Your Brudda Jakey
Tell Rachel I say the food was so good and thank you for it! Keoni is
moving?! What?! Why and where is he going? Do you have his address?
Ah! I am still jealous about the party. It sounds like it was very
nice!
Yeah, President Edward Dube, Ha Ha, wrote me saying that you wrote
him. I hope the skype thing works out. It would be very nice. Ha Ha! I
just realized I will be talking to you three! I was thinking...you
should see if Grandma and Grandpa would like to come over, so I can
talk to them too.
I hope grandpa gets better. I will definitely be praying for him
tonight. Tell them I say hi and that I will send their letter
tomorrow. It is written I just need to wait for tomorrow.
Ha Ha! JAZZ games...those were the days. Say hello to the bear for me! :)
My new companion is Elder Mpoto from Malawi. He is a nice guy and I
love him...I am just trying to get used to him. He is a very strict
missionary. He is the opposite of Elder Wae and kind of a robot
missionary and think that is why I am have a difficult time adjusting.
I am learning a lot though. He is teaching me to be more diligent I
think that is what I am supposed to learn from him. He is a very nice
guy though and I am staying positive. :)
Elder Hales is still here...with Elder Robinson again. I am not sure
they will survive to Christmas. I am trying to do what I can. I hope
everything works out.
For myself, I am doing okay. I am just trying to stay positive and
cheerful. Adjusting to my new companion and with the Elder Hales Elder
Robinson things have been difficult, but it nothing my Savior cannot
help me out with. I am always wearing my smile! :)
I would like some colored pencils. There are a certain kind that I
want but I am not sure what they are called.
Thank you for the update and information. I wrote everything down so
all should be well for Christmas!
Thank you so much for the love and the reminders! I am very excited
for Christmas, but I am sure you are more excited. Ha Ha!
(Monday) My companion came late and it was raining, so we only had the
opportunity to go visit the bishop to introduce my new companion.
(Tuesday) Something that I have noticed, especially since I have been
teaching with my new companion, is that the Lord has helped my to
teach doctrine simply and clearly. When I first started No one really
understood me. I prayed with much vigor for my Father to help me so
that other could understand me. I have noticed the difference. I have
taught with a few missionaries by now and I know that the Lord has
blessed me in my teaching. Often investigators do not even under stand
a fellow African, but the spirit teaches through me in a very clear
and simple manner.
So that is just a side note. So far things have been uncomfortable
between my companion and I. We are still getting used to each other.
(Wednesday) Elder Mpoto has been dominating things. He is trying to
take the lead in everything. to make him happy I am just letting him
do whatever. As long as I am doing work I am okay.
(Thursday) Things are going so well with this investigator ***. He
has changed a lot and is ready for baptism. I love this boy! otherwise
more lessons and showing my new companion around.
(Friday) Same old same old. We met with our ward mission leader today.
He is probably the most powerful guy I have met in Nkulumane! He
actually served in this mission, he was an AP to President Dube! We
had a meeting with him concerning missionaries and the ward. we
realized there has been lack of communication and we are trying to fix
it. I love the ward missionary.
(Saturday) Oops! Ha Ha! So today was fine...
(Sunday) Sorry, nothing really spiritual. I have seen the Lord in life
at home more than in the work. I am finding my trials with
missionaries at the moment, so I am not noticing what is around me. I
want let you know that my Lord my God is my support in everything. The
Savior is by my side each and every day. This work is a lot more than
the people I teach. It is very personal, it also extends to those I am
working with, and than the investigators. I just pray and hope I may
become His. That is all I want. To be His. I am not giving two years
to God, I am starting to give my life to God. I hope I may spend all
my days in the service of my Father and Savior.
I love you all very much. Thank you so much for your support. I look
forward to exchanging words with all of you this Christmas. I should
be sending a package today! Yay!
Keep the Faith
With a really fat mama full of love,
Elder Tom
Otherwise known as,
Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment