Family,
A wonderful New Year to you as well! I hope things will get better for you. The Kim and Alex thing sounds like it took a bit of a toll. To be honest it is weird to think of home. I kind of just realized it as I was sitting here typing. It still feels familiar. It is like I am there, but not there. Sorry, I am not sure how to describe the feeling. It is cool though. There are so many things I want to do in my life. I am looking at where I am at though. Staying focused on mission you know. As of now I have been a lot more focused on myself. I still think of investigators and everything, but lately everything has been so personal. It is hard, but easy. I do not know. Teaching and caring for people have become so, for lack of a better word, easy. The Lord has blessed me to be able to teach and teach according to those I do teach. The struggle now is me. I am trying so hard to change myself, but I feel like nothing is changing. I have the desire to progress, but everything feels like I am in a routine, going through the motions. I want to become his and I want to improve, but I am kind of stuck. How do I progress? What do I need to learn? Maybe I should be praying more about this, but these are some questions I was just thinking of, so I just started typing.
Last Monday and today were both public holidays, so shops are closed and town is dead, but there are email cafes open, so I am able to email. The trip was rough, but more than worth it! Spending so much time with the mission (almost the whole time with Elder Dragon), having fun, and skyping home. It was a grand blessing. Ha Ha! Life is not real anymore. I am truly separated from the world. Days are just days. There are no holidays or special days. I just live every day as though it is a blessing from my Father in Heaven. Each day is as important as the next. Now that I have the wonderful blessing of being my Father's servant every day is special to me. To be honest. I do not know what day is which. I am fearful that tomorrow I will not be on mission anymore. I do not know exactly where my Father in Heaven is leading me, but I am just watching my feet and hoping that when I look up I will see my Savior. As a servant of my Father I am not trying to guide, I am trying to be guided. I want Him to direct my course. I want to be His.
I am running out of time so I am just going to send this and go buy more time. So I will write more in just a moment.
I love you all with everything I have.
Keep the Faith
Elder Tom
Dear Family Again,
(Sorry, I had a quick question: I heard that the new Sherlock Holmes movie came out. That was one of the things I was so excited for. If you see it let me know if it is good. Also, when it comes out on DVD will you get it for me?)
Dear Jordan,
Sounds like the Kim and Alex thing was not as great as you first thought. I hope you had some fun though. Sorry I am not writing much today. The food here is just okay. It depends on were you get it. The food you buy is not bad, but it also is not good. When we have dinner appointments the food is powerful. The food we cook at home is good too! But I love when members prepare meals. I love home-made sadza. I will have to make you some sadza sometime. I tried to sleep on New Years, but I was woken up. Africa goes crazy for New Years. Fireworks everywhere. People yelling. Wow. It was crazy! So I just got up for maybe a half hour to celebrate and then went to bed. I love you brudda! Happy almost-Birthday!
Elder Tom your Brudda
Dear Rachel,
I love you. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year. As long as I am in Blues I will probably not see animals. I love you!
Jakey
Things actually are swell! Elder Hales and Elder Robi actually are doing very well! It is kind of weird how well they are doing. My companion and I are doing well as well. Ha Ha! I cannot think of anything for you to send. Thank you for the money! Can you actually help me with that. Today I tried to pull money out and it would not let me. I put in the code and tried to withdraw from savings, but it would not work. I do not know if I am doing something wrong.
I am trying to write Melissa and Bart. I am also trying to respond to Charles. Tell them all I say "Hello." Melissa has probably sent me more things than anyone besides you. I feel bad for not replying.
I am sorry I was not able to write everything. I am very well. The only health issue is runny tummy, but we all get that. We cannot change the food here you know? Ha Ha! But, yes, I am very well. I have not bought a towel. I am just using my xhing one. Thank you for all of your love and support.
I am excited to write next week. I think I will have more time. I love you all. I hope your New Year will be fantastic! My you always direct yourselves and your hearts to that one who gives you your daily breath. Again, I love you.
CHEERS!
Keep the Faith
With more love than the whole of this new year,
Elder Tom
No comments:
Post a Comment