Thursday, May 3, 2012

Email from April 30, 2012:

Photo looking at mtns where Jake lives, found on Google Map


Dear Most Wonderful Family,

Thank you so much for all that you do and help me with. This week was a lot better in many ways and I feel sure that this week will be
fantastic, but before I respond to your email I just wanted to request a couple of things: There is a couple of things I was hoping you could send,
1. I guess there is a new For the Strength of Youth. I was hoping you could get me one.
2. I have been doing a lot more studying this transfer (which I absolutely love, I have been wanting to study more and more) and my house talks about doctrine a lot. My companion has a book called "Mormon Doctrine" by Bruce R McConkie. I was wondering if you would be able to find one and send it.
3. I have been falling in love with study manuals. I have been reading the Pearl of Great Price manual and I love it. I kind of want all the manuals, but it is getting hard to travel no w a days (too much stuff), but if you can get a hold of the Pearl of Great Price and Docrine and Covenants student manuals that would be POWERFUL!
4. I was also wanting a new set of scriptures. I wanted the separated Holy Bible and triple combination. If it is too expensive it is okay.
They are just some things I have been wanting. Just let me know what you can get or what your thoughts are on my requests.

Okay, now for responding.  
I love you too. Thank you for the kind words and support. I am very healthy. Mutare is probably the cleanest place I have been in since I have been on mission. The place to worry about my health in is Harare. Harare, the city part, is supper gross! Trash and filth everywhere. But in Mutare it is very clean. I do not use sunscreen because I do not like using chemicals. It just does not feel right to me. So that is why I am always sun burnt. I may regret it, but for now I have no wish to use chemicals.

I have not received any packages, letters, or dearElders since I have been in Mutare, but I will look out for them. Thank you for always updating me and helping me in anything. This week was a lot better. I have received a lot of strength lately and I am sure I will be okay this week. Emailing is POWERFUL today though. I loved your advice and supportive words and I also received an email from president. He sent an email to all missionaries about thoughts and it actually helped me to ponder some things that can help me. The Lord is there for me and I just need to lean on him. Thank you.

 I have not emailed Elder Dragon yet, but thank you for letting me know about him.

I have written my letter for grandma and grandpa. I will give it to my zone leaders tomorrow. Thank you for once again sending me a package. I always enjoy getting to open them.

I think my computer is damaged so it is not reading my memory card so no pictures this week. Hopefully I will send some next week.

Dear Jordan,
I love you! I was hoping to play soccer today, but it does not look like it is going to happen now. Do not worry. You will win the next time you play. I love seeing those birds. It was always fun going with you guys to the Avery. Did you go inside the cage this time? Sounds like Salt Lake City is as POWERFUL as area. I am excited to go there again some day. looks like you are learning well from the scriptures. I love the book of Enos. Prayer is a very powerful thing. The most repeated doctrine in the scriptures is that we need to ask. "Knock and it shall be opened..." Prayer is how the Restoration started. Back home before I left for mission I made a goal after reading the Bible Dictionary on "Prayer" that I would pray everyday and make every prayer meaningful. It does not matter what words we use but the heart we put into it. I love you like nuts my brudda!
Jake

Dear Rachel,
I love you! I bet you saw POWERFUL birds. Did you see the laughing ones? Seems like your week was full of adventure! I would kiss your owie better, but I am too far away. Ha Ha! Tell Jordan to kiss it! Thank you for coloring me a picture. Keep going to church okay? Love you sista!
Jakey

I was reading from Moses the past couple of days. It made me trunkie for the temple. If there is one thing I miss it is the temple. The first thing I do as soon as my feet are back on American soil I am going straight to the temple. No delays. I am glad you were able to go and have a wonderful experience. Never take for granted the temple. I would do anything to go to the temple again.

This week was amazing. Elder Mninzi and I are really turning things around. We want to make the area explode. Thanks to the Lord my God we were able to have a fantastic week. The area is alive and we are pushing it to the max.

I love you all so much. Please continue to pray for me. I need all the help I can get. As a missionary, as Jake, as a Son of God. I pray I may always think of and pray for you.

Keep the Faith

Elder TOM  

No comments:

Post a Comment