Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 14 2012~ Jake's Endowment Anniversary!

Jake on Mother's Day 2012
Dear Family of Mine,
Ha Ha! I really enjoyed talking to you to! I thought it was funny because the other Elders and Sisters were freaking out, saying their families were crying, and that they said they did not have enough time to talk to their families (even though everyone talked for at least an hour and Elder Mason talked like 50 minutes). I thought it was funny because it just felt like I was talking to old friends. It did not feel weird and it did not feel emotional to me. Also, I would have liked talking longer, but it felt like I was talking forever. I thought we had talked for over an hour but when I came back it was only like 40 minutes. Ha Ha! It was really nice. I enjoyed fully.

I would love for Elder Mninzi and Elder Wae to come to Utah. Ha Ha! I do not think we would get sleep if they stayed at our place and I do not think we can afford to pay for food for Mninzi's stomach. Ha Ha! But I thank you for being so kind to them. When I am home I want to plan on saving money to go on a trip to South Africa. I am hoping to save and come when Zimbabwe gets a temple. I want to leave early, spend time in South, and finish by going to the temple dedication. But we will see when I get home. I do not even know when Zimbabwe will get a temple and I do not know how fast i can save money.
Elder Mninzi and Elder "Tom"
Mother's Day was probably the best day this transfer. This week we were just struggling with getting key indicators. The work was really low this week. But then came Sunday and it was so great! It started with church which was wonderful! We walked with a family and a baba to church and another baba we have been teaching showed up late! Man, we are teaching some POWERFUL people! I have really watched and seen the Lord just changing Sakubva.
Of course, after church we went to the Jefferies' house for Mother's Day. I oppened my package when we got there. Thank you so much for everything. (I did not know there was money in that package. I bit down on my trail mix bar this morning and almost bit the $20 in half. Ha Ha! I do not think you should put money in those bars. The $20 is covered in the sticky honey coating.) We also gave Sister Jefferies a Mother's Day card and sung the "Happy Birthday Song" to her except we substituted Mother's Day for Birthday. We had a delicious meal and we also got to talk to our families. When we were finished with food and talking we kind of just hung out. We collected avocados. We finished by playing with the Hacky-Sack you sent. You were inspired to send that. We got so into the game and we were laughing so hard! It was a POWERFUL day!

On top the mtn above where Jake lives, looking across Mozambique (Jake is currently serving right on the border of Zim and Mox in Mutare). 
Jake on the border of of Zim and Moz, looking towards Moz and pointing at where his friend Elder Kelley is currently serving (2 1/2 hr drive -in Moz near the Ocean).  On a clear day you can see the Indian Ocean from here. 
I have a flash with the pictures. I just do not know how I am going to send it. I will try to figure out how to send it. Next week will be the soonest I can send. I got the $20 I almost ate, but I need to find the other one.

Ha Ha! Thank you for the shoe things, but honestly I do not think I will use them. They are to bulky to carry and raining season is over. Also, I am out of packing space. i am planning on throwing away a lot of stuff I do not use. The blanket I brought and other things are just taking up space. Maybe I can just send my blanket home and put the
flash in there?

Ha Ha! Jordan and Rachel are crazy! I loved talking to them. Soon we will be hanging out once again. No worries. Hakuna Matata. (By the way, I found out "hakuna matata" is swahili a language found in Kenya and also "Simba" is a shona word that means strong or powerful.)

I love you all so much! Thank you for talking to me. Tell Grandma and Grandpa I love them and I loved talking to them. Til we talk again!

Keep the Faith

L O V E
Mr.TOM a.k.a. Elder Tom a.k.a. Jake
Zone Conference May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment