Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jake's First Letter from the SA MTC


Okay, so, um, yeah...I am hear safe and sound at the South African MTC. I arrived awhile ago, but I had to do some paperwork and other things. I really do not know what to say so this email might be a bit short. Sorry.
 
I would like to appologize about the phone thing. The card would not register, your directions were not working, I did not know how to use the phone. I was sitting at that machine for hours trying to figure something out. The phone would not even work when we put money in it...British Pounds to be exact. Every single other missionary there could not get their cards to work. I think Elder Dragon was the only one to call home, because he used a credit card. I was hoping and praying you were not freaking out. From what you sent I guess Elder Dragon's mom got a hold of you. I hope you are doing well.
 
I love everything so far except the plane ride. 21 hours of painful cramping. The airports were fun. Elder Dragon and I went exploring in the London airport and got in trouble. British ladies can be quite scary. There are a lot of wonderful missionaries. I love them all. So far it does not feel like I have left the states. Everything looks the same. The only difference is that the money is different, I cannot understand people, and people drive on the other side of the road.
 
I am kind of out of stuff to say so far, so I will leave you until next we exchange words. I love you and God loves you. Keep the faith.
 
P.S. Hello Jordan! And I will see if I can get Rachel shipped over here. ;)


(**I wrote him a short email first so he would have our email address, and I told him his brother was missing him a lot and that his sister Rachel wanted to go with him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment