(Re: We told him our best friends are moving away and Elder Haltom's little bro is pretty sad. he wrote this mostly to his brother:)
My heart goes out to you guys. It is hard to think about [your friends moving away from you], but you need to realize two things: there are still people around you who care for you and you need to believe that you will see them again. Just because they may leave your life for a small moment you need to look forward to seeing them again and keep living your life with the people around you. Jordan, if you find yourself sad and missing your friends go spend time with another friend, go make a new friend, bekind to some one else. You cannot dwell on people who are gone or else you will find yourself very unhappy. You do not have to forget them, you just cannot constantly think about them. This is what I have done. I left a lot of people. I left everyone I knew and cared about, but guess what? I am happier than ever. I do not forget all that I left and I did not forget you guys. I think about you when saying prayers. But I also do not think about everything all the time. I focus one the people around me, I focus on my Lord my God, and I focus on helping others and it has brought me joy. I hope with all
my heart that things will go better for you. Now that i am gone I assume you all will receive trials. Mom, you told me before that I was a spiritual strength in our home. The deceiver will see this as an opportunity to bring you down. My dear family, please stay strong.
(a second email sent 20 minutes later...)my heart that things will go better for you. Now that i am gone I assume you all will receive trials. Mom, you told me before that I was a spiritual strength in our home. The deceiver will see this as an opportunity to bring you down. My dear family, please stay strong.
Have you been telling Mrs. Fowler how I am doing? Oh, I almost forgot, HI RACHEL! So I thought I would tell you some stuff about what I have done here and some things. The second time I went to the temple we went to the distribution center. I kind of wish I would have got a souvenir for you guys. They had these really cool scriptures and hymn books made from elephant, crocodile,and the best cow leather in the world and they had Africa cut out of the front cover and had zebra, snake, and all sorts of hides in the Africa cut out. Elder Dragon got one of those as a Hymn book and is sending it to his family. I wish I did that. I did buy though a Shona and Zulu Book of Mormon. They are really cool and I hope I can learn both languages some day. The food here is great! I do not know how it will be in Zimbabwe though. When I have free time I am either playing football (soccer), table tennis, volleyball, chess, or finger board(awesome African game). Oh! before I forget we watched a great movie and I thought you might be interested in it. You need to by it though.It’s called: Pioneers of Africa. I did realize Thursday that Josh would be entering the MTC. I am super stoked for him! I am learning a lot and I am trying to read the Book of Mormon through before I study for mission. Ha Ha! I have been getting to bed at like11:00 or later. It is either because I am trying to write in my journal or because of guy talk. Guy talk is when Elder Blake and I go downstairs and tell stories. I am not sure what else to write and my time was up like 5 minutes ago so I will end here. I love you guys. keep the faith. CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment