Monday, June 25, 2012

300 Days On Mission!



notElder Family aka Family!  (Jake always makes fun of how we start his letter; this week we said "dear Elder Tom aka Jake",  so he came up with this ☺)

Ah! Do not remind me. (we wished him a 'happy 300 days') Thank you for the advice though. At this point I have completely stopped writing in my journal and I do not take as many photos as I would like to. My companion usually gives me fire because I do not write in my journal. I want to start writing though. In Preach My Gospel it says that progress recorded improves, but progress recorded and told accelerates the rate of improving. I paraphrased that, but I was wondering if I can start recording my journal writing to you. So maybe every week you can ask my how many times I have written that week as your first question and that will be the first thing I respond to. is that okay? I really want to start writing in mine. Also, I need to take more photos too. I do not know how I am going to do that.

We were supposed to help with the measles, but last minute the government said they did not need our help.

Ha Ha! Everyone in this mission knows Elder Bell. When I first met him I thought he looked like James' dad, but now, to me, he looks exactly like Wormtale on Harry Potter.

Thank you for sending Pringles and Money! I always like that! Ha Ha!

(Oh yeah! So what is the progress on the photos of my friends and Mormon Doctrine. You keep forgetting to tell me and I keep almost forgetting to ask.)

We figured out the package thing right? I kind of got confused before.

Man! Elder Wae has like 3 MORE TRANSFERS. Please pray that I will see him before he goes. I need to see him at least one more time. Thank you for being so kind to him. It means a lot to me. What kind of shirt did you get for him? Remember: we hand wash and hang dry here so it might not shrink.

I know! President Dube is no longer the Mission President. But, I did here that his office is actually in the mission office. So I will probably see him when i am in Harare. Hey, I might even serve in his ward! I am excited to meet the new Mission President though. President Cook should be coming next week. I will let you know though.

So just to tell you about the week. It was really POWERFUL! We had like the best indicators we have ever had since I have been here. I have literally seen the Lord's hand in Mutare. The Church is TRUE (Chokwadi)! I had to do interviews again this week. It was also POWERFUL! We are working hard. We were supposed to have a baptism this last Sunday (yesterday), but Sister ***(the gogo we are teaching) was called to go attend a funeral and there were two sisters that were also supposed to be baptized, but one of them had...girl issues, so they said they wanted to wait until next week, so the baptism was postponed. We had so many at church this week and we found a lot more. Ha Ha! I freaked my companion out in a lesson on Saturday. We were teaching a couple and a friend (the guy and the friend are less-actives and the girl is an investigator). We were teaching about the Gospel Blessing Families and I started getting excited talking about marriage and the importance of praying together and doing things together, so i shared Genesis 2:39 (I think) the one that talks about leaving parents and cleaving to the wife. I asked, "what does cleave mean?" they did not know so I asked, "do you want me to show you?" they nodded their heads, so...I cleaved unto my companion. Ha Ha! It was nice. I guess it freaked him out though, but I enjoyed the lesson and the wife came to church!

So on Thursday, Elder Tuai turned 18 months so we planned a party for Saturday.  So we bought some meat and set up a braai outside the chapel and
watched some movies! It was so cool. I took some pictures and i will try to send some of them.

Dear Rachel,
Rachel I love you! I like you too! Ha Ha! That is so cool that you do all of those things. I love animals a lot too. I kind of have like this connection with them, you know? You are also getting into sports too! That is so cool Rachel. You need to make sure you become a tom boy okay? Ha Ha! I love you so much Rcahel. Til next week ma sista.
Jakey

Dear Jordan,
J-Man! That is so cool that we read from the same place. The spirit does some freaky deaky things man. Ha Ha! So Jordan, who is Jesus Christ to you? How often do you think about Him? As your big brother I want to do everything I can to point you, Rachel, mom, and everyone I meet to him. I love him. I also love you too and I love hearing about your week. I do remember the barn very well. I have played church basketball there and have attended a few dances there. Is that were your team practices? How is soccer? I usually play every Monday and i love it. Soccer is so my favorite sport. I love you ma brudda and I look forward to your next email. CHEERS!
Haltom William Jacob

Thank you again for all the love and support. My companion also really enjoyed you praying for him and putting his name in the temple. I love you all so much. i need to go now. That is it.

Keep the Faith
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment