Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Ultimate Short Missionary Email :)

Family!

So I have no time this week. I will apologize right now: I am sorry.
Okay, so this week was supa cool! My companion and I have worked so
hard and our indicators are POWERFUL and we have this amazing family
that we have been working on forever! Who are now preparing for
baptism. We went on exchanges with the zone leaders twice this week
which was cool. And guess what?! On the second exchange I drove in
their area, Dangamvura, and guess what else?! I conducted BAPTISMAL
INTERVIEWS! What the fetch! I was kind of freaking out a little. Our
district leader, Elder Tuai, worked in the ZL's area and knew the
people who were being baptized so he was not allowed to do the
interviews so they had me do it. I had to decide if a soul was ready
to enter the Lord's church and receive a saving ordinance. I was
freaking out and did not know what to do. They had seven candidates.
They were all really POWERFUL, but there is a new rule now. The
brethren want those being baptized to prepare to go to the temple so
you can only baptize married people only if they are married civilly
with a marriage certificate. Here in Zimbabwe like 95% of the people
are married traditionally so that is going to case problems with
baptism. So yeah, the people I interviewed were all only married
traditionally so they have to wait. There was one mom who was divorced
and she had a daughter and they were both baptized. But that was
mostly my week.

I loved hearing from you and I wish I could have spent more time
writing back. I am sorry Jordan and Rachel. All I can really write is
that I love you both! We have planned an activity for today and we
have to leave like now. I cannot write later because there is a new
rule now that we cannot email past 3:00pm. Some jing missionaries were
emailing during proselyting time so now we have this new rule so I
cannot email later.

I love you all so much! I wish I could tell you more about the week
and this activity we are having today. You should ask me about it next
week.

Keep the Faith

Elder TOM a.k.a. Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment