Monday, June 18, 2012

P-Day and Baptisms




Family a.k.a. Family  (we wrote Elder Tom aka Jake, so Jake wrote that ☺)

Happy June to you as well! As for staying warm, I think I really need that sweater now. Ha Ha! It is actually starting to get cold here. It is okay during the day, but at night and in the morning it is freezing cold! As for packages I have received none. I did, however, receive your dearElder containing josh's blog stuff and I also received grandma and grandpa's letter. I plan on responding soon. I actually almost forgot, so thank you for reminding me. Did you not send a package before the sweater one? I thought you sent one awhile ago, but I have never received one. Just the one with chili mac n' cheese in it. So I am just not sure what to expect.

(Okay. So I just wanted to ask a couple of side stuff. I was wondering if you can send me some few packs of chocolate Twizzlers and also a couple Pringles (like salt&vinigar, cheddar, and sour cream&onion)? I have been craving those lately. Oh! and also Fastbreaks! The small ones "fun size." So I just hoping you could send those items. I also wanted to ask about the Mormon Doctrines book. Have you found it? that is all my questions!)

Man, summer Olympics on my birthday? Ha Ha! I am missing a lot, am I not? Ha Ha! Oh well, what i am doing now is much more POWERFUL!



My week was fantastic! The work is really going a long well. I went on exchanges with Elder Mason into his area on Wednesday and went with Elder Tuai on Friday. I enjoyed both days thoroughly! We started the week well by going to Osborne Dam for an activity. District Meetings have been so great. Really, everything is POWERFUL in Mutare. We held a baptism yesterday after church! It was so cool! Maybe one of the most amazing baptisms I have seen on mission. Like half of the Branch was there. The baptism was for ***. She is this crazy cool 13-year-old girl. She has been ready for baptism for about 2 weeks now. She wanted to wait for her cousins to be ready so they could be baptized together, but we found out that the gogo does not want the cousins to be baptized. The gogo has been very stubborn, but we are still working with her. It was great to see *** enter the water though. Wonderful baptism.
We did a lot of finding this week and we have found some really cool investigators. I am hoping all will go well with them. Right now we are doing very well. we are reaching most of the mission standards and church attendance is POWERFUL in Sakubva. We are teaching this cheerful gogo (***) and she is progressing well. We hope she will be baptized this coming Sunday. She is a little slow in the learning and she is obsessed with prayers, but she is truly amazing. We are teaching a couple families and are having a challenge with one family. We have been teaching them for almost two months now and finally when they were almost ready we got a new rule...the brethren want those being baptized to be already preparing for the temple. So now couples being baptized need to be recognized by the government that they are married (a certificate). It is a problem here because most everyone is married by labola. The *** family we are teaching has come to church like 4 times now, but they cannot be baptized because of the marriage thing. The missionaries have figured out how to easily marry people, but the problem is that Sister *** family wants the baba to pay before they are married. so we are trying to figure out that issue right now. Otherwise, everyone we are teaching are just fine. We hope to be seeing more enter the water and on the path to the temple soon.



Osborne Dam was supper cool! After emailing we got ready and then met on the rode to the dam. We drove for like 50 minutes (40 minutes of it being dirt rode) until we got there. We started by going to the amp site. Elder Mason and I prepared a Jeopardy game thing for the missionaries to play. what we did was divide the missionaries into teams. We set up a board with 100,200,300,etc. points and categories. they had to through a dart into the board to choose what category and points. then Elder Mason and I set up some games that they would have to play. Elder Mason and I were the judges. We did not get to finish, but it was so fun! We had scripture trivia games, we had games involving food (like food eating contests), we had races, and just a bunch of fun...stuff! It was POWERFUL! After the games we drove to the dam. It was so cool! It actually reminded me of home a lot. It felt like when we take a trip through the Ogden mountain or like when we went to Bear Lake. We took some POWERFUL photos, had nice food, and found an alligator (it was really a lizard, it looked like a Komodo) inside a tunnel, and other things. It was a fantastically grand P-Day!

Tell Grandpa I say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Dear Rachel,
I love Rachel like nuts! What?! You got me a present? What is it? Ha Ha! Just kidding. I will probably find out soon. It seems like you do a lot of crazy things every week! Wow! You are one wild sista! We will do plenty of wonderfully crazy things when i am home. Thank you for continuing to have that long hair of yours! I still love you like nuts! that is it.
Jakey

Dear Haltom Edward Jordan,
I love you you silly goose! What?! You say Avengers without me? Man, that is not cool! I cannot believe you went without me! I am just joking. Ha Ha! I would love to have a marathon with you when I come home. Maybe we can do it the night I come back! We can stay up all night watching them! Ha Ha! That is if I am not to tired fro the trip back. I almost forgot about the chalk festival. So it was POWERFUL this year? I would like to do something there, but chalk is not my strong suit. Maybe Josh and I could try doing it together. King Benjamin is so cool! My companion and I read from Mosiah chapter 4 this morning. It was so nice. You learned it in Hebrew. That is wicked crazy man! You will have to teach me when I am home! Hey buddy, I love you more than marathons!
Jake



Thank you so much for all you do. I love you all so much and thank you for all the help and support. My Father has truly blessed me with amazing people in my life. Nyakutanda!

Keep the Faith

L O V E L I K E N U T S
Elder TOM 

No comments:

Post a Comment