Companion: Elder Gagon
My Dearest Most Beloved Family People,
Yo! Yo! Yo! The week back in Blues was fetching amazing (please forgive my language). The week truly was blessed. I serve in the Nketa 7 and Nketa 9 townships which is just down the road from Nkulumane 5. I could say that a 20 minute walk would take me to my old area. Buluwayo is in Matabele land. Ndebele is their language. Although, after coming back I have realized there are a lot of Shona's. It is okay, but I am determined to learn more Ndebele. My companion and the work are amazing. I will explain more later. As for the journal. I did not right Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This morning I wrote for Friday and Saturday. So I am just a day behind.
Wow, what a week. I am enjoying Nketa 2nd very much. The Lord has blessed my new companion, Elder Gagon, and I. When I came my companion shared with me about the area and what is going on. We have spent a lot of time talking this week on how we want this area to grow and how we ourselves want to grow as well. We share with each other often how we can improve and what goals we want to have. I am really loving this companionship, because Elder Gagon is helping me to be the missionary I want to be. The obedience we have is probably the best I have had on mission. I am acheiving goals that I have had. Things are just working out and fitting into place. I am sure the Lord will bless us much and trust us with his divine power.
Well, one miracle I recognized this week happened on Friday. To start off I had actually prayed (when closing the day with my companion) asking if we could witness a miracle on the following day, Friday. We went to bed that night, rose on the marrow, had our morning preparation, and study. In our companion study we have a goal of calling and confirming appointments. As we did so we found that the first portion of our day had fallen through. Even our back-ups were not home. Even the back-ups of the back-ups. We organized something that was in no way solid. So, as we knelt in prayer to close our studies we asked our Father if he would provide us with...something for the beginning of our day.
We went out to our area. We went to the 'not solid' appointment we made that morning...no one home. Eish. We began our journey to a members home. As we approached we saw the member moving furniture with his family into his home. We offered our services. We helped the family shift and move things into place. Upon the completion of our efforts. the member invited us into his home to meet his parents. After greeting each other we asked if we could share a message. The parents agreed and we had a wonderful lesson! I know that that was an answer to our prayer. We had done our part to plan to the best of our ability our day and the Lord took care of the rest even when our plans fell through. President Soares was right when he said, "You do your part and the Lord will do the rest."
We had some wonderful lessons and many blessings. Especially in our finding. With the help of the spirit I have doing very well with my goal of talking with everyone. I have become quite the social bug...and it is so much fun! Yo! I have grown to love talking to my brothers and sisters. I hope it is a quality that I will always possess. I would also like to thank you for listening to my story. Thank you.
The area is POWERFUL. Hopefully Nketa will be Zion in the coming weeks. YEBO!
(we tell him what we're reading each week, this week was the Anti-Nephi-Lehi story) Yo! The Ammonites! a.k.a the anti-lehi-nephi's. I love those people so much. I can say they are my favorite group in the whole scriptures. I have a lot of personal connection with them. One is that I abhor violence. I would rather be beaten and killed then harm or kill another. Two is that I am a stripling warrior. The sons who were raised in the Lord by their mothers alone...well...mothers with the spirit.
Well, I have to wait a painful 2 weeks to watch conference, but I think I will try to search some things online on the church website. I recently read a quote of a philosopher which stated, "Explain to me sufficiently why I should do something and I will move heaven and earth to do it." Ponder and ask Father in Heaven how you could best explain to Jordan why it is important to watch conference. He needs to "feel it." He needs to feel conference. He can only feel it if he seeks after that feeling. You can only "feel it" with the spirit.
I love you all like nuts! Until next week. Tell Connor I say HELLO. Let me know how I can write to him. I was hoping to write some letters today. I also lost all my addresses. I need Jordan Ballou's and James', even McKenna's. Thank you. Maybe even Kylee's stuff as well. When does she leave?
Sorry. I am jumble brained now.
Keep the faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Yo! Yo! Yo! The week back in Blues was fetching amazing (please forgive my language). The week truly was blessed. I serve in the Nketa 7 and Nketa 9 townships which is just down the road from Nkulumane 5. I could say that a 20 minute walk would take me to my old area. Buluwayo is in Matabele land. Ndebele is their language. Although, after coming back I have realized there are a lot of Shona's. It is okay, but I am determined to learn more Ndebele. My companion and the work are amazing. I will explain more later. As for the journal. I did not right Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This morning I wrote for Friday and Saturday. So I am just a day behind.
Wow, what a week. I am enjoying Nketa 2nd very much. The Lord has blessed my new companion, Elder Gagon, and I. When I came my companion shared with me about the area and what is going on. We have spent a lot of time talking this week on how we want this area to grow and how we ourselves want to grow as well. We share with each other often how we can improve and what goals we want to have. I am really loving this companionship, because Elder Gagon is helping me to be the missionary I want to be. The obedience we have is probably the best I have had on mission. I am acheiving goals that I have had. Things are just working out and fitting into place. I am sure the Lord will bless us much and trust us with his divine power.
Well, one miracle I recognized this week happened on Friday. To start off I had actually prayed (when closing the day with my companion) asking if we could witness a miracle on the following day, Friday. We went to bed that night, rose on the marrow, had our morning preparation, and study. In our companion study we have a goal of calling and confirming appointments. As we did so we found that the first portion of our day had fallen through. Even our back-ups were not home. Even the back-ups of the back-ups. We organized something that was in no way solid. So, as we knelt in prayer to close our studies we asked our Father if he would provide us with...something for the beginning of our day.
We went out to our area. We went to the 'not solid' appointment we made that morning...no one home. Eish. We began our journey to a members home. As we approached we saw the member moving furniture with his family into his home. We offered our services. We helped the family shift and move things into place. Upon the completion of our efforts. the member invited us into his home to meet his parents. After greeting each other we asked if we could share a message. The parents agreed and we had a wonderful lesson! I know that that was an answer to our prayer. We had done our part to plan to the best of our ability our day and the Lord took care of the rest even when our plans fell through. President Soares was right when he said, "You do your part and the Lord will do the rest."
We had some wonderful lessons and many blessings. Especially in our finding. With the help of the spirit I have doing very well with my goal of talking with everyone. I have become quite the social bug...and it is so much fun! Yo! I have grown to love talking to my brothers and sisters. I hope it is a quality that I will always possess. I would also like to thank you for listening to my story. Thank you.
The area is POWERFUL. Hopefully Nketa will be Zion in the coming weeks. YEBO!
(we tell him what we're reading each week, this week was the Anti-Nephi-Lehi story) Yo! The Ammonites! a.k.a the anti-lehi-nephi's. I love those people so much. I can say they are my favorite group in the whole scriptures. I have a lot of personal connection with them. One is that I abhor violence. I would rather be beaten and killed then harm or kill another. Two is that I am a stripling warrior. The sons who were raised in the Lord by their mothers alone...well...mothers with the spirit.
Well, I have to wait a painful 2 weeks to watch conference, but I think I will try to search some things online on the church website. I recently read a quote of a philosopher which stated, "Explain to me sufficiently why I should do something and I will move heaven and earth to do it." Ponder and ask Father in Heaven how you could best explain to Jordan why it is important to watch conference. He needs to "feel it." He needs to feel conference. He can only feel it if he seeks after that feeling. You can only "feel it" with the spirit.
I love you all like nuts! Until next week. Tell Connor I say HELLO. Let me know how I can write to him. I was hoping to write some letters today. I also lost all my addresses. I need Jordan Ballou's and James', even McKenna's. Thank you. Maybe even Kylee's stuff as well. When does she leave?
Sorry. I am jumble brained now.
Keep the faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment