Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2nd week back in Bluz October 23, 2012


Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Gagon

My Dear Family,

Do not worry. I am doing ok!  What you do need to worry about is that I am
struggling with journal writing. Ha Ha! I have been behind for awhile. I keep forgetting
to write at night and I do not have time in the morning. I am falling behind in
my schedule a bit. Thank you though for all the kind words and support. I love
you like nuts.


I have a small want list:

1. Can you get and hold onto an "Encyclopedia
of Mormonism" and also an "Articles of Faith" book.


2. A Old Spice Fuji (the old spice I would buy) in
dry stick form, a big one.


3. One of those blue journals from distribution
center. A small one. the one that has gold print "JOURNAL." i HAVE
ALMOST FINISHED MY JOURNAL.


Thank you!

Well, General Conference was a big miracle for me
this week. Ha Ha! I have been craving to listen to it and it finally came! I
was able to receive a lot of answers and insites. The thought of General
Conference gave me a boost even on the two or three dreadful days we had. I do
not think I had a single downer moment this week. It was completely cheerful.
Each day brought me closer to hearing the inspiring words of our leaders. Yo!
This conference was so POWERFUL!


The M's have been so great! Yo! I would describe
them as submissive. They thirst and hunger after our message. Willing to do
anything we say. Seriously, we could probably tell them that they are never
allowed to leave there house, sit in Sadza every 5 minutes, and to stop talking
for 1 year and they would do it. They are just so eager to learn everything and
become members of the church. They are truly amazing.


We found two "golden investigators" this
week. One sister was told by her sisters to join their church, so she was
referred to use and she basically said I want to join your church. She has
never been baptized before, so it was very simple and nice. There is another
older sister who came to church last week randomly. She does not know english,
but when we visited she accepted a baptism date 2 minutes in the lesson and
want to be baptized with her two 9-year-old boys who have been coming to church
for a month now. 


I am trying to work with the spirit more. I want
to "feel it" every time I teach. I want a celestial manifestation to
accompany every appointment we go to. I hope I may qualify myself to be a worthy
companion to the Holy Ghost. My prayer is that the Lord will grant a portion of
his Spirit unto us His servants. And I do pray so in the name of Jesus Christ,
amen.


Well, after hearing about Elder Dragon I wrote an
email to him and now I am almost out of time. I will try to get more time, but
for now I will rap things up.


I received one of my garment packages. THANK YOU!
Also, thank you for sending the Christmas package. I also have a package I will
be sending soon for Christmas. I hope it gets there at a good time.


I love you all like nuts!

Keep the Faith

LOVE like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST

Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment