Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Transfer Day October 01, 2012


Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Gagon

Jake with all the ties everyone sent him for his birthday

My Dearest Famnilly, (that's how Rachel says it )
So before I start, about the Doctrine Book, maybe when you finally do get it you can just hold on to it. I would hate to loose it on mission and I really should just focus my studies on the materials I have. I think the Mormon Doctrine book will also help me to study when I am home. I struggle to do studies on mission, so I am afraid I will not do it when I go home.
I am now in Blues and I am still waiting for my companion to come. So yeah...he will probably be with me before I finish this email.  I struggled this week. I am working on this "purification challenge" and the evil one does not want me to succeed. I have offered some prayers to the Most High and I am working with Him on how I can overcome. I am doing better now.  I was kind of down about that this week. I am doing better though, much better! I also struggled with journal writing. I did not write Monday-Friday. I did write Saturday and Sunday though. Thank you for your prayers. I owe it to you to do better this week, which I will.

 One POWERFUL experience this last week was Sister G. As I stated she was baptized this last Sunday. She shared here testimony that when the Elders (us) spoke by the spirit about the gospel she wanted to be a member of this church. She said that she thought this church was true. She shared about how she was taught that she needed to get an answer from her Father in Heaven. She said she did so, felt the spirit touch her, and now she said, "now I know the church is true." She was POWERFUL and she was even very happy to be interviewed during her birthday party on Saturday. I saw the spirit change her.
 Forgive me, but their is not much this week. I do not have much time and there was also not much to say. Thank you for reading.

Yo! Conference is here! Ha Ha! I am also not sure when I will see it, but I am so excited. I have also talked about the missing next years Conference with some Elders. (he will be travelling home next year when they are watching conference)  I wish I could take Jordan for his first time, but we will have many opportunities. Who does he want to go with for his first time? (priesthood session)
You should send me one of the photos of you guys in the mountains. Eish! It looks like I will have to teach my sister the doctrine of soccer. Ha Ha! Oh well. We cannot force her, but I hope she really gets into sports though. I do not think I can handle a pretty girl sister. I need a tomboy, Ha Ha!
  
It sounds like that ref (jordans soccer game) was really influence by satan. Even so, we must forgive. I do not have my scriptures with me, but I thought of a teaching in Matthew. We must treat everyone like a brother and sister. If we just select certain people to be nice to, certain people to forgive, how much better are we than those who do the same. We must live the higher law. We cannot excuse/justify our sins because someone is in our way. Remember the bumper sticker? "Do not judge me because I sin differently than you." Forgive men of their crimes so that we can be forgiven ours.
Ha Ha! Eish! Diabetes. I am glad you have it under control and that Father in Heaven has allowed you to "cheat." Do you know how diabetes is passed? Elder Brewster said that his mom and sister has it, but he or his dad do not have it because it is passed threw same gender. I do not know. I was just curious?

I love you all so much! It took me the whole day to get to Blues and I am now out of time. Until next week. I love you like NUTS! (He transferred back to Blues/Bulawayo where he spent the first 6 months of his mission)
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a Disciple of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM 

No comments:

Post a Comment