Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Last Week In Mutare September 24, 2012


Area: Zimbabwe, Mutare Sakubva 
Companion: Elder Brewster from AZ

My Family,

Well, it seems like your week was full. Up, down, over, backwards, and the in between. I hope everything was okay with Aunt Ruth's passing away. It is okay to feel that sense of loss, but there is always room for joy. "Men are that they might have joy." Joy can be found in every aspect of life. It may be hard for some to understand this, but we can be the ones who can help provide that joy. True joy only comes from gospel living...remember that. Think about it. The world teaches you that you need to replace loss with alcohol, drugs, scantily clad women, riches, risky behavior which is like water and, "whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again." Whereas, when we know that God has prepared His divine plan we can then live a life that will bring us back to our loved one we lost, we can do temple work, we can be a means of support to those who have gone through the same loss, and live the gospel and allow the atonement to take effect and, "whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:13-14)

Yebo! I am glad that Elder Mason's mom responded. The way he talked about her I did not think she would be someone to not send something back in return. Ha Ha! Maybe you two will become the best of friends! We could go visit the Mason's together when I come home! Ha Ha!

Thank you so much for sending those packages. You are a true blessing to me. Oh yeah, guess what! I Received my tie package! Thank you so much! That was a true blessing. I accidentally left my camera home, so I will send the photo of the ties and me next week. I loved it though. You are a very inspired mother, do you know that?

So I am going to write about my week know before I forget, Well, lets start with the news I received once I arrived at the email shop...WE RECEIVED TRANSFERS! I am leaving Mutare now :( , but I am going back to Blues! :) Yebo! I will be serving with Elder Gagon in Nketa. Elder Wae is also in Blues and he is dying this transfer, so Father in Heaven has answered my hearts request to see my father before he dies! I will probably leave on Sunday. We have not received logistics yet, but next week I will probably be writing from Buluwayo! Now for a couple miracles, Let us start with the biggest one, SISTER L* WAS BAPTIZED! Yebo! She did not like the water at all. Ha Ha! The one
baptizing her was his first time baptizing, so she had to go in a couple of times. She shared with us after that she hates water and
strong perfume. Yo! She hate water more than anything and she had no complaints about having to go in the water a few times just so she could be baptized in the Lord's church. You could tell that she was having difficult in the water, but I knew she wanted to do it. She wanted to be baptized. We also loved to even share with Sister L* and her recent convert mother that they needed to work and prepare for the temple! I love those two. Another miracles was something the Lord did for me. Elder Brewster and I engaged in a purification process on Friday and began our sojourn
Saturday. It was interesting to find how hard the adversary worked on us after beginning our process. We both shared with each other that everything we had set goals to keep we broke every last one. One happened the very morning of the first day. I had made a goal to make studies more important and meaningful. Saturday morning, I prepared myself, went into our study room, knelled down, prayed, and began my studies. Not even 2 minutes into my study I was disturbed and I spent the rest of my personal study wasting time. Now, the adversary worked on me and won, but the Lord is mindful of us. As soon as our personal
study was over the door to our home was opened. It was the zone leaders. They shared with us that we should not waste our morning
preparation and I was taking their words as those of the Lord. I promised the Lord I would make study more important and when I did not
follow through I was reminded of my promise I made. I saw that as a miracle and that the Lord knew that I had made a promise with Him. I am more determined to do some more changing now. I cannot let the adversary win. Sister G is still super cool. She was called to work half-way during the week and she missed Sunday, but she called us Saturday night and let us know that her boss said she needed to work Sunday, but that she talked to him to let her be baptized next week. She has really put forth the effort so that she can be baptized. The spirit has touched her heart. I know it.
I was a bit slothful this week though. I have some things I need to work on and I did not work as hard as I needed to. I could have and
should have qualified more for the spirit this week. I recognized the things I did wrong and I went to Lord and asked for help in where I
struggle. With the Lord all things become possible, even Elder Haltom changing.

Did Dawn say how I would know Elder Miller the part Korean? I only know Elder Miller my former companion and President Miller from our
stake.

So is Grandma moving around more? It sounds like she is more active, which is very good. You should make her a cake for her being so active
now. Ha Ha! And you can buy her an iceream cone when you go shopping together. I hope grandma and grandpa keep getting better and better!

The temple work moves forward, neh? That is POWERFUL! Also, I am very glad that
Jordan wants to go to the temple with me, but I know what it is like to wait for someone to go to the temple with. Please help Jordan to
know that his faith should not be in me. What is he going to do if, God forbid, I come home and go less-active? Make sure that he knows he needs to go to the temple. If he wants to wait for me that is okay, it is wonderful and I feel honored, but I just want to make sure that he would go even if I am not around, you know?

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Yo! I heard that things were a bit rough for Grandpa. It is okay. You love your sister. You raised her. You set an example for me over and
over again grandpa. I want to be a man like you. You are POWERFUL! I love you. Everyone, including your Father in Heaven, is here for you. We love you. Now, GOGO! What?! Traveling to Wal-mart. You are pretty POWERFUL too! Ha Ha! I hope you are still moving around and stuff. Staying all healthy and what-what. Thank you for answering our prayers. I love you both so much!
Jake the Snake

I love you all so very much! Start praying for my new area and the people there! PEACE!

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment