Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder Gagon
Dear Family,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THURSDAY MOMMY! UMHLOPE! HOW YOUNG ARE YOU NOW? YOU MADE IT ANOTHER YEAR IN YOUR SECOND ESTATE. WOO-HOO! PARTY IT UP! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
I will start with the week:
Well, Sunday was a bit saddening. It rained just before church and I think it had an effect on some of the investigators. We only had a couple come to church. It was a blessing though, it helped me realize I need to work harder on them "feeling it." If they truly feel it rain will not stop them from coming to church. It was POWERFUL though, because I looked around and noticed that a good handful of souls who were once less-active sat in the crowd. The attendance is shakey at times. They seem to come in groups. Someone who was at church one week will not be there the next and just the same someone who was not there one week will be there the next. It is easy to see the church is new here and needs a lot of work, but I can see the potential of these faithful members. I am not here to call investigators to repentance nd to fallow Christ. I am not here to call less-actives, recent converts, and random people on the street. I am here to call ALL souls to repentance, to invite them to come unto Christ, receive the fullness of the gospel, and to proclaim "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
I will now proceed to give an account of the miracles/blessings/POWERFUL-things what-what. One miracle I recognized is that of dear Sister L. L is one of our most POWERFUL investigators. She received her answer about our message and the Book of Mormon and excepts all of our messages cheerfully. Two weeks ago after completing a lesson she asked to pray for her. She explained that she had an undiagnosed condition that had been causing her pain for 4 years now. We of course placed her in our prayers. Last week Saturday she journeyed to Botswana to see a doctor there. We visited with her Saturday evening and to our joy she told us that they had diagnosed the condition and she can go for an operation. She has to wait and save money, but she was so happy that she, after 4 years, now knew the problem and there was a way to fix it. The Lord is watching over her. Along with that she gave Sister M fire because she has not yet received an answer to her prayer. So I think L will be helping M a bit.
Another investigator, Brother T, has been unable to be baptized because his wife is in Botswana and they cannot be married until she comes back. The wife is having issues and does not have money and she upset T with a text message. He told us how it was causing him stress and that he was planning on trying to get to her, but a long story short he has more problems than that and no money. The second councelor in the branch presidency agreed to come visit T with us. After explaining he cannot fix the problem with his wife and that he needs to focus on the problems here T told us, "My heart feels right now." T, even though not a member, was given command over the new piano to help him stay active in the church.
We are teaching a couple of gogos (African for grandma). One visited church way back because of her boys and the other is the gogo of a member. Both have received an answer to there prayers. Sharing that they just "felt" like everything is right and that this is what God wants them to do. One even shared that, " I was in the dark when I was going to the other churches, but know it is all right."
Brother D is still struggling to get his answer, but I have seen a change in him. It is like I can see he has a desire or more of a desire. I can see it in him. Our last lesson was POWERFUL. At the close we all knelt in prayer. He offered the prayer and afterwards he jumped up into his chair. My companion and I remained kneeling. He slowly got back down closely observing us. After a moment of quiet we explained that we need to give time to Father in Heaven to answer us. We need to be quiet and listen after we say amen. While teaching Brother D looked like we had just shown him something amazing that he just could not quite believe. I pray that that helped him in his answer seeking.
Of course we experienced more miracles and blessings and POWWERFUL what-whats, but I wish to testify that the Lord's hand is in our lives. This is his work and as we work on becoming his servants and being more like Him we will see Hiss hand in this work. Thank you. I love you.
No need to be sorry about a rough week. It is part of the work. How many rough weeks did Jesus Christ have in his ministry? I am sure that every day of His three year long ministry was rough in some way. How can I hope to be a part of this work and know my Savior more unless I taste just a bit of what he went through? Also, it was not really meltdown last week. I kept my cool. I just gave fire. I did not raise my voice. It was like indignation. We were over it that very day. I can say I have only been angry twice on mission: last week and once in Domboshava. I think patience is one attribute Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I am just chill you know.
Well, seeing that being a missionary is my dream I figure that I need to be happy with it. I have come to realize it all deepends on attitude. If you are happy serving the Lord (you put in your joy) you will receive joy as a reward. This is what I want to do with my life. If I am not happy with or enjoying mission I might as well not exist. The work of the Lord is everything to me. This is now my life. I must love it or there is no point in living.
Thank you for sending more envelopes. I did not receive any this week. President Cook is coming on Wednesday, so if there is anything he will come down with it. I will also be giving my package to them when they come. As for the camera I have not been able to even find one. I have not been looking hard, but the places I have gone all their cameras are sold out. I can look some more today, but I may need you to send one.
I showed Elder Nellesen your twinkie paragraph and he was happy. He said, "I love you mom!" and went back to his seat with a smile lightly clapping his hands.
Oh yeah, Thanksgiving. I keep forgetting. Seems like it was a bit rough this year. Do not worry, I will be there for the next one, right? I will make it a good ol' time. Ha Ha! Remember: "You get what you put in." If everyone is down, worried, ...your Thanksgiving is going to be jing. Do not let those things ruin valuable time. When you are together just enjoy. What is more perfect than a family that loves spending time with one another. You do not need a POWERFUL turkey dinner and a bunch of pie to be thankful. Be thankful that you get to spend the day with each other. If you focus on the negative all you will see is the negative. Notice the positive.
Yeah, "(someone we have been worried over)" is kind of jing. Oh well, her choice. Just be good to them and do not let them ruin the good. Love them and pray that the Lord will soften their hearts.
I hope my aquired African skills will qualify me to be on the amazing team of Danny-boy.
The Lord really is blessing you people. I hope you see the miracles as do I. You all are POWERFUL like nuts! As for the photos my companion loaned his camera to a member and now it is not working. You may not get photos for a bit now. Eish. Pray for his camera that it might resurrect.
Keep the Faith
L O V E you like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THURSDAY MOMMY! UMHLOPE! HOW YOUNG ARE YOU NOW? YOU MADE IT ANOTHER YEAR IN YOUR SECOND ESTATE. WOO-HOO! PARTY IT UP! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
I will start with the week:
Well, Sunday was a bit saddening. It rained just before church and I think it had an effect on some of the investigators. We only had a couple come to church. It was a blessing though, it helped me realize I need to work harder on them "feeling it." If they truly feel it rain will not stop them from coming to church. It was POWERFUL though, because I looked around and noticed that a good handful of souls who were once less-active sat in the crowd. The attendance is shakey at times. They seem to come in groups. Someone who was at church one week will not be there the next and just the same someone who was not there one week will be there the next. It is easy to see the church is new here and needs a lot of work, but I can see the potential of these faithful members. I am not here to call investigators to repentance nd to fallow Christ. I am not here to call less-actives, recent converts, and random people on the street. I am here to call ALL souls to repentance, to invite them to come unto Christ, receive the fullness of the gospel, and to proclaim "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
I will now proceed to give an account of the miracles/blessings/POWERFUL-things what-what. One miracle I recognized is that of dear Sister L. L is one of our most POWERFUL investigators. She received her answer about our message and the Book of Mormon and excepts all of our messages cheerfully. Two weeks ago after completing a lesson she asked to pray for her. She explained that she had an undiagnosed condition that had been causing her pain for 4 years now. We of course placed her in our prayers. Last week Saturday she journeyed to Botswana to see a doctor there. We visited with her Saturday evening and to our joy she told us that they had diagnosed the condition and she can go for an operation. She has to wait and save money, but she was so happy that she, after 4 years, now knew the problem and there was a way to fix it. The Lord is watching over her. Along with that she gave Sister M fire because she has not yet received an answer to her prayer. So I think L will be helping M a bit.
Another investigator, Brother T, has been unable to be baptized because his wife is in Botswana and they cannot be married until she comes back. The wife is having issues and does not have money and she upset T with a text message. He told us how it was causing him stress and that he was planning on trying to get to her, but a long story short he has more problems than that and no money. The second councelor in the branch presidency agreed to come visit T with us. After explaining he cannot fix the problem with his wife and that he needs to focus on the problems here T told us, "My heart feels right now." T, even though not a member, was given command over the new piano to help him stay active in the church.
We are teaching a couple of gogos (African for grandma). One visited church way back because of her boys and the other is the gogo of a member. Both have received an answer to there prayers. Sharing that they just "felt" like everything is right and that this is what God wants them to do. One even shared that, " I was in the dark when I was going to the other churches, but know it is all right."
Brother D is still struggling to get his answer, but I have seen a change in him. It is like I can see he has a desire or more of a desire. I can see it in him. Our last lesson was POWERFUL. At the close we all knelt in prayer. He offered the prayer and afterwards he jumped up into his chair. My companion and I remained kneeling. He slowly got back down closely observing us. After a moment of quiet we explained that we need to give time to Father in Heaven to answer us. We need to be quiet and listen after we say amen. While teaching Brother D looked like we had just shown him something amazing that he just could not quite believe. I pray that that helped him in his answer seeking.
Of course we experienced more miracles and blessings and POWWERFUL what-whats, but I wish to testify that the Lord's hand is in our lives. This is his work and as we work on becoming his servants and being more like Him we will see Hiss hand in this work. Thank you. I love you.
No need to be sorry about a rough week. It is part of the work. How many rough weeks did Jesus Christ have in his ministry? I am sure that every day of His three year long ministry was rough in some way. How can I hope to be a part of this work and know my Savior more unless I taste just a bit of what he went through? Also, it was not really meltdown last week. I kept my cool. I just gave fire. I did not raise my voice. It was like indignation. We were over it that very day. I can say I have only been angry twice on mission: last week and once in Domboshava. I think patience is one attribute Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I am just chill you know.
Well, seeing that being a missionary is my dream I figure that I need to be happy with it. I have come to realize it all deepends on attitude. If you are happy serving the Lord (you put in your joy) you will receive joy as a reward. This is what I want to do with my life. If I am not happy with or enjoying mission I might as well not exist. The work of the Lord is everything to me. This is now my life. I must love it or there is no point in living.
Thank you for sending more envelopes. I did not receive any this week. President Cook is coming on Wednesday, so if there is anything he will come down with it. I will also be giving my package to them when they come. As for the camera I have not been able to even find one. I have not been looking hard, but the places I have gone all their cameras are sold out. I can look some more today, but I may need you to send one.
I showed Elder Nellesen your twinkie paragraph and he was happy. He said, "I love you mom!" and went back to his seat with a smile lightly clapping his hands.
Oh yeah, Thanksgiving. I keep forgetting. Seems like it was a bit rough this year. Do not worry, I will be there for the next one, right? I will make it a good ol' time. Ha Ha! Remember: "You get what you put in." If everyone is down, worried, ...your Thanksgiving is going to be jing. Do not let those things ruin valuable time. When you are together just enjoy. What is more perfect than a family that loves spending time with one another. You do not need a POWERFUL turkey dinner and a bunch of pie to be thankful. Be thankful that you get to spend the day with each other. If you focus on the negative all you will see is the negative. Notice the positive.
Yeah, "(someone we have been worried over)" is kind of jing. Oh well, her choice. Just be good to them and do not let them ruin the good. Love them and pray that the Lord will soften their hearts.
I hope my aquired African skills will qualify me to be on the amazing team of Danny-boy.
The Lord really is blessing you people. I hope you see the miracles as do I. You all are POWERFUL like nuts! As for the photos my companion loaned his camera to a member and now it is not working. You may not get photos for a bit now. Eish. Pray for his camera that it might resurrect.
Keep the Faith
L O V E you like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment