Tuesday, April 2, 2013

December!

December 03, 2012 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Gagon

Family Who You Are...Yebo!

I tell you that I do not know time any more. I could believe anything concerning time now. I am starting to realize why the scripture says time is only measured unto man and not God. When you are lost in the work you do not know what time or season it is. Ha Ha. Now, as for your grandma I do remember Andies chocolates. You should send some by the way. :)

Just quick, I received the Christmas envelope.

I wrote in the journal once...yay! Improving! Ha Ha. Although, I kind of discovered being happy helps. I get so discouraged when I [fail]. I can see that that is what Satan wants. I just want to let you know I am improving. I am progressing.

This week was a bit rough concerning our goals that we had set, but as for blessings and miracles the week was wonderful. My teaching has improved; I can see and feel more of the effects of the Spirit as we teach. I have improved personally. The Lord has taught me a bit more this week. Everyone has always talked about the year mark being "the hump," but it is not true. After a year I have only gone up and increased. Sure, things can be rough, but it is supposed to be that way. I am still growing, I am still learning. May the Lord guide me in the heavenward journey.

Yo! One miracle of this week was Sister N. She is the gogo to a member that has been helping us in missionary work. She has three children and a granddaughter in the church. She would visit every now and then, but one day we asked her to come, she came, and now we are teaching her. The day after the zone conference we shared a lesson with her. We began asking about her experience. She said how she understands more now and that she feels like she is not lost anymore. We began to explain how that was the spirit of the Lord testifying to her that she is taking the right path. She began to weep. She could not stop. She had her granddaughter explain how she received an answer to prayer. She is the most POWERFUL investigator in the teaching pool now.

This teaching people to recognize the effects of the spirit IN the lesson has blessed our teaching. The feel of the lessons have deepened. I have also adapted well to asking, "Tell us more about that." That simple statement is able to bring more out and we understand them better. My teaching has reached a new level and it is POWERFUL! I like the spirit!

Sister L is still POWERFUL! Every time we visit she runs to grab her scriptures (BoM included), pamphlets, and notes. She sits down with pen in hand. Even we sometimes bring a sister member with us so Sister L will run next door to grab a male friend. By so doing we have even been able to find 3 new investigators. She even brought one of them to church and even he is interested now. Yo! She is a wonderful and is excited for baptism.

One of the greatest miracles was zone conference. It helped me to understand more how to work with the spirit. It blessed more than just my teaching. I believe more the promise that the spirit will be there. I realized that the Spirit depends a lot on our faith. We need to believe that the Holy Ghost is there.

Thank you once again for your inspiration. You are an example to me. May the Lord bless you in what you do.

I do not know Sister In. I saw her once on a khombi and that was it.

I think we have already talked about the camera.

From what it sounds like this Christmas we will be proselyting, so I do not think we will be with the other missionaries. Christmas is after this transfer so I hope I stay. I just realized this. You may want to help president's revelation for transfers by telling him i have found a skype. Ha Ha!

It sounds like the zoo and santa are POWERFUL! I went to an animal orphanage with the zone to give service. The ride over we all sang Christmas songs and I was able to see animals after the service. So we had similar experiences I guess. I was able to get a leopard to respond to some weird whistle I would do. That was POWERFUL like nuts!

I hope everything goes well with grandma. Seems like there is much heartache going on. How are they now?

Thank you for the info about Josh. Also, thank you for all the love and support. I am moving forward. I can feel it. The Savior is by my side. He lifts me up. I will persevere with the help of my Savior. I love you all like nuts! Until next week you wonderful people.

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST,
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment