My dear Family,
Well, things are going better. Concerning Key Indicators the week was not good, but miracles are still happening. Before I talk about the week, I have written in my journal up to Friday. I am hoping to catch up tonight and write about Saturday and Sunday. Oh yeah, the year mark day was amazing! I spent the day with my former companion! I was so happy. I did not even realize Saturday was my year mark until we got home and i received a text from Elder Dragon.
Honestly, I was not very pleased with this week. We had some very POWERFUL experiences, but we suffered this week. It was frustrating because we could not get a hold of our investigators and the Zone Leaders and Assistance would not help us out with airtime and we had no money to help ourselves. The Chikanga Elders let us their phone when we would come home, but it only helped oh so much.
Another thing that disturbed was time. Our studies were interrupted a few times this week. Our landlord came to collect things and we missed our studies and went to the area late. Also, we had no food so we needed to shop as soon as we received allotment which disturbed another day. There was just a lot of things happening this week and I do not feel that the Lord was pleased with my performance this week.
On a happier note, we are still experiencing miracles over here. I mentioned before, Sister *** came to church. The reason why that was a miracle is because she had been experiencing health problems since before we had met with her. She could not walk long distances, she would cough up blood, and everything else. However, we took time to teacher her about the atonement a week or two ago and invited her to pray for strength to come to church. Slowly through theses two weeks she had been feeling better and better. Progressing until this last Friday she said that she had stopped coughing up blood. It was amazing because on Tuesday our Zone Leaders said that we needed to drop her this week, but she came to church on Sunday. Yebo! Healing power in work!
Another experience was on Friday. We attempted to visit one of the college guys: Brother S. He had come yearly to arrange his room in the dorms and we were able to get a hold of him on the other Elders phone. He said that we could meet. Because of the phone issue we could not find him earlier in the week, but the grace of God smiled upon us on Friday. We found him. We embraced man style and greeted each other and I introduced him to my new companion. I consider seeing him again a miracle, but we also had a POWERFUL lesson. He actually started by asking me about the verse I had left him two-three weeks ago. He had lost the page and he wanted to know. I remembered the exact verse I had left and I felt the spirit tell me that should be what the lesson should be on. The verses I left him were from Alma 32. I had two reasons for leaving them one was because the college guys reminded me of verse 16. They had immediately accepted baptism without question so it just...fit. The other reason for leaving the chapter was because Brother S wears a wrist band that has Hebrews 11:1 on it so I also wanted him to look at verse 21 which of course is supa comparable.
The lesson was amazing. We asked if he still wanted to be baptized and he gave us a firm yes. He loves this gospel because he always says, "this just makes sense." He also told us he would be going back home that day and that he will be back next week for school. He said that he will for sure come to church next week. Also, he had a referral for us. We think that it is his girlfriend. He told us that he has been trying to explain the gospel to her and he actually wanted to bring her to our lesson we had. So he is still doing missionary work.
Another miracle this week came from the exchange I had with my former companion, Elder Miller. We went to visit Sister E and her referral, Sister C. When we arrived we found both outside. Sister E cheerfully greeted us and Sister C...well...she was sunbathing and...I can say that she was not...modest. I looked at Elder Miller when we got inside and I said, "we planned for Restoration, but she needs chastity." So what happened next was the spirit. I felt inspired to first go to Joseph Smith. We explained the first vision and how he became a prophet. We took it to prophets reveal gospel truth and he even translated the Book of Mormon. I then felt inspired to go to Mosiah 10:5 it explained how clothers were made to cover our bodies. It was a powerful lesson and she was understanding everything. At the end she said, "I never knew I was supposed to do this. I will keep it now."
On the following Sunday (yesterday) Sister E came, but no Sister C. I pulled Sister E aside and asked her where C was. She told me how Sister C that morning said she did not have any modest clothing so she went to buy one. They told her that she would miss church. She then said that she will buy a modest shirt so she could come next week.
Sometimes the work is slowed, but I know that if we do our part the Lord will bless us. I love this gospel and I love you. Thank you for reading.
Now about the sending me things to hand out...I do not really know. I actually have not even given out the CTR rings yet. It is because I plan on giving them to the kids in my branches, but there are too many kids and not enough rings. I know that if I give them to some kids the other kids will complain. So I finally decided I will give CTR rings to the branch missionaries who have helped me in the areas I serve. I know that kids love the future missionary tags and the CTR rings. The only problem is that i do not know how to pass them out. So if you have suggestions you can let me know. (what do the dolls look like?)
Tell Kylee that she needs to write me a letter as soon as she gets her call! Ha Ha!
I hope Elder Mason's family got the stuff. His mom reminds me of you a bit. Ha Ha!
Thank you for always sending me packages. Ha Ha! You make a lot of missionaries jealous. Everyone tells me i receive more packages and letters in the mission. I try to tell them I only get a package or two a transfer and that most of the dearElders are just my friends blogs, but they think that i am spoiled. Ha Ha! I cannot really think of anything to send, but Elder Miller was wondering if you can send him disposable 4 blade razors. I actually also could use some new razors too. I was also wondering if you could send Elder Mninzi a small package. Elder Mninzi loves food, so that is all I can suggest for what to send him. Also, my father, Elder Wae, is going home soon (I think middle of November) so if you are able to send him one more package. Thank you!
The book is called: Mormon Doctrine. and it is written by Bruce R. McConkie.
About the carved items...I have not seen anything here in Mutare. I also have not looked, but I have been mostly everywhere and i have not seen them. I will keep looking. And actually, I have been searching everywhere for a Nativity Set. Most all the missionaries know someone who can make them so I have been struggling to find one. I have been looking since my second transfer, but I hope to find one before my time is far spent. Ha Ha!
I hope everything works out with your income stuff and the lady quitting. I will be praying for you about that and also praying for Grandma and Grandpa as well!
Ha Ha! Tell me if you see *** at the Brigham City Temple. I think that her boyfriend stays there and I know they wanted to get married, so who knows you could find her there. Ha Ha. I do not know why but that was the first thought I had when you told me about the temple. I love the open-houses and dedications. I think I have gone to two or three. Temples are so POWERFUL. I think I told you, but I have a goal of going to every temple in the world. It is a big goal, but if God willing it will happen.
Make sure you send the photo of our family at the temple.
(told him about the new editions to our zoo, and we went this past week) Man! We need to go to the zoo the very week I come home. Ah! Zoos are so much better than what i have experienced here. Ha Ha! And actually ostriches are African. I have seen two and they even eat the meat of them. They also use A LOT of ostrich leather. One missionary had a guy cover his scriptures, hymn book, and made a scripture case out of ostrich and it looked nice. I would love to see the new zoo though! Can we go my first week home?
(We told him we were reading about Alma and how he served another mission when he was old) Alma, he had already served before, but he went out again. He quit his job, because the work of the Lord was more important. I want to be like that. I am not finished with missionary work when I come home. Mission has only helped me realize that there is so much more missionary work I need to do back home. I hope I can serve forever.
I love you all so very much! You are a great support to me and I thank you. I would not be where i am without you. Thank you.
Keep the Faith
"That's it" -Rachel Shae Haltom
L O V E like NUTS
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment