Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Date: September 17, 2012 Area: Zimbabwe, Mutare Sakubva Companion: Elder Brewster from AZ

Well, Hello Family,

I am so great. Elder Dragon gave me the money [you sent me]. I am glad you were able to meet with Elder Dragon's mom. I hope you are as good friends as Elder Dragon and i are. Also, thank you for the suggestions. 

The meeting with President Soares was POWERFUL! He is a lovely man and he has a cool wife. He said a lot of inspiring things and even got me thinking on a lot of was I can improve. Especially with goal making and planning. Another thing that was cool is that he gave us an APOSTOLIC BLESSING that we might overcome any barrier that may be stopping us. Yebo! Elder Wae is in Buluwayo, so I did not see him, but I met with a lot of missionaries on Thursday. Elders Dragon, Tuai, Skroski, Msafiri, Mninzi, Chikota, Cloyd, Pual, and many more! Yo! It was so nice!

Sister C is okay, but now she is busy a lot and we are finding it hard to meet with her. Elder Kikwaku is with a POWERFUL missionary now, Elder Bradshaw. I am sure he is in good hands, although true, he needs to learn to make his own good decisions.

Well, the week had its good parts and not so good parts. The good was that we met with a lot of people, found many, had a wonderful meeting with President Soares, and we worked hard. The down side was that no one had time for us and we received a couple of challenges. Things were happening this week were people were just...being taken away. Ha Ha! Although, we are just more excited for the week to come. We found a few promising souls who invited us to visit them next week. Also, things have just calmed down a bit. Because we had two days taken away from us we were rushing about trying to see everyone. But this week we can just relax and focus on our area.

One miracle of this week was Sister L. Each time we met with her this week we left something for her to read (such as Law of Chasity and Tithing pamphlets). Every time we came for the return appointment we asked and she had read the pamphlets. We decided to quiz her to see what she had read. She explained each time what each reading talked about without picking up what she had read. It was awkward in the lessons, because my companion and I would look at each other and the same thought would come in, "She already know and understands what we were going to teach. So...what do we teach?" What we then did was testify of what was learned, added few words, and invited her to live what she learned. She is POWERFUL. Both she and we are excited for her baptism this Sunday.

Another miracle would be Sister G. We struggled to see her this week. She had just been employed at the beginning of the week and would get home very late. We only ended up seeing her one in the week, it was Saturday. We asked her what her schedule was like and how we were going to see her to help her prepare for baptism. We settled that we would meet her very late each day of the coming week. The next day, Sunday, at church she asked if she could meet with us. We agreed and we sat down together. She then told us that she had work off for the rest of the week and she could have lessons anytime. We later found out that she asked her boss (without us even suggesting it) if she could have the whole week of so she could have lessons and prepare for baptism. She had also requested every Sunday off so she can attend church. Yo! Sister G is POWERFUL. 

Along with miracles we were given a couple challenges to deal with during the week. The first one was these POWERFUL Sisters we had been introduced by a member. The two Sisters shared with us that they really wanted to have lessons and come to church. When we went for the first appointment they were leaving to go to a funeral. They said we could come back later in the week. When we went for the return appointment there was a young girl that told us they were not home, but a smaller girl came running out saying they are home. The older girl tried to get the smaller one to be quiet. We said it was okay and we began to leave. We walk just a short distance when a woman ran up from behind us and poked me. It was Sister K** the investigator we were trying to see. She explained that her landlord did not want us at the home. She promised to be at church and we would talk there. I also count it a miracle that one we were able to find out the situation and two that these Sisters really showed that they are interested in this gospel.

The second set back was with the college guys. Upon our last visit with Brother *** he was able to tell us that the other guys are being forced not to visit with us. Their parents told them they are not allowed to join the church or they will not pay for their schooling. So apparently the college guys are being watch to see if they are having lessons with us, so that would explain why we cannot find them and why they are not answering their phones. I am planning on writing them a letter, but if you have any suggestions you can send them my way. :) I know the Lord will guide me.
We have also found, thanks to the spirit, a couple of determined POWERFUL souls this week. We ran into a man that knows me, but I do not know him. He asked us to come share with him and when we did not even one minute into the lesson he firmly accepted a date for baptism and asked if a member could walk with him to church.

Another cool experience was when we taught a daughter of a member. She is in her 20's, Sister 'S'. At first she said that she did not want to be taught, come to church, or be baptized. At the end she had a determination to pray to know if this is the Lord's church. She also said that if she receives an answer she will be baptized even if her ex-husband will beat her. 
All in a weeks work of the Lord's work. Nothing but challenges and miracles. It is kind of fun in a way. Men are that they might have joy. What better joy, and fun, is there than the Lord's work? Please pray for use that we might overcome the challenges given to us. We love you and thank you! Stay POWERFUL!

I will be sure to pray for Grandpa and Aunt Ruth. Were Grandpa and Grandma okay with the last message I wrote them. I think I understand what Nephi and Moroni was saying when the spirit speaks better through voice than paper (2 Nephi 33:1 and Ether 12:23-27). I hope it comforted and persuaded the way I wanted it too.

I will let you know when I start getting these packages. What?! No. I never received any package with ties in it. I am actually kind of sad that special ties were in there. Who knows? Maybe the package will still come. I remember there was one package that came a year late. Maybe the package will show up some time, God be willing. 

I am glad that Father in Heaven is blessing you. Especially with the car and the new [work]. I hope that Rachel will get better soon. I know she will be a tough girl! Tell her that I say, "I love you and think about Jesus so he can take care of you."

Thank you for your support, love, and prayers. You all rock my CTR socks! Ha Ha! I love you like nuts!

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST,
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment