Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder Gagon
Dear Family,
The week truly was wonderful and much work was done. Most of the work came from a couple of days. I left my old planner home and brought the new planner, so I cannot remember all that happened, but yo! We worked much this week. We are beginning to have more appointments than we can handle just the two of us. We have been working very close with the members. We want referrals from them so we are really developing the relationship with them. I think the only issue with it is that we do not do so well at asking for referrals.
Sisters L and M are progressing very well. L even came to church on Sunday. I guess M forgot to do something so she was unable to come. They are very interested and ask many questions. They even right a bunch of notes on the "homework" we give them.
We are also really focusing on Brother D. He has told us that the only doubts he has is the Book of Mormon. His question is why do we need more than the Bible. We have been working with him and explaining and has told us everything we share "makes sense,' but now he needs an answer from God. We have been working a lot on how he will receive his answer. He is reading and praying. I just pray he will get his answer soon.
I do apologize. You know how my memory works. I am having trouble remembering the week we had. We have been working hard this week and have had no time to rest. Too much going on and i left my planner with the week on it at home. So I apologize for not sharing much.
As for journal writing I only wrote twice this week. I am still working on that one. Something clicked again though and I feel this week will be better. I have said that before, but I am hopeful that it will actually happen this week. I am waking up at 5:30am to work out again. I got out of the habit, but I started back up again. Yo! Mission requires much work.
Thank you for telling me school is jing. I enjoyed that. Ha Ha!
I hope grandma and grandpa are doing well. I am glad they received my letter. Seems like things were a little rough. I am sure the Lord will watch over them as long as you have done all you can. Same goes for grandpa, do all you can and the Lord will take care of the rest. Relax.
That is a POWERFUL incite about "the Mormon." I did not think about that. That is cool. (discussed how Romney's presidential run was a type of missionary work)
I received a package with two garments inside and also my Christmas box package. I did not open the Christmas one. I am holding on to it until Christmas. The garment envelope had mac n' cheese with $ and a flashdrive.
True, Christ's birth was very humble and I love that. But I must partially disagree. Certain shepherd had voiced "abroad" the message of his birth. Many came and many worshiped. My companion and I even discussed how it was humble how even his birth was not made known to all by angels or even priest or king, but by a lowly shepherd. Even the heavens announced his birth. The star of David, the wonders in the Americas, etc. So I agree with you, but I also disagree just a little bit. Ha Ha! And I have a feeling you may disagree with me a bit too. ( told him how his Christmas will be humble this year, and how Christ's birth was humble and whole cities did not celebrate or come to see him, but humble shepards.)
I actually met with Elder Wae last night. I gave him a tie, one last hug, and told him "I love you" in his language (Ke ya go rata. note: the "g" in Tswana makes a gurtle sound like in Dutch). I love that baba! He promised to stay in touch.
I love you all so much! I look forward to next week. Oh yeah, I gave a talk in the branch about time. Basically, the message was "How much time do you give to the world? and how much time do you give to the Lord?
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
The week truly was wonderful and much work was done. Most of the work came from a couple of days. I left my old planner home and brought the new planner, so I cannot remember all that happened, but yo! We worked much this week. We are beginning to have more appointments than we can handle just the two of us. We have been working very close with the members. We want referrals from them so we are really developing the relationship with them. I think the only issue with it is that we do not do so well at asking for referrals.
Sisters L and M are progressing very well. L even came to church on Sunday. I guess M forgot to do something so she was unable to come. They are very interested and ask many questions. They even right a bunch of notes on the "homework" we give them.
We are also really focusing on Brother D. He has told us that the only doubts he has is the Book of Mormon. His question is why do we need more than the Bible. We have been working with him and explaining and has told us everything we share "makes sense,' but now he needs an answer from God. We have been working a lot on how he will receive his answer. He is reading and praying. I just pray he will get his answer soon.
I do apologize. You know how my memory works. I am having trouble remembering the week we had. We have been working hard this week and have had no time to rest. Too much going on and i left my planner with the week on it at home. So I apologize for not sharing much.
As for journal writing I only wrote twice this week. I am still working on that one. Something clicked again though and I feel this week will be better. I have said that before, but I am hopeful that it will actually happen this week. I am waking up at 5:30am to work out again. I got out of the habit, but I started back up again. Yo! Mission requires much work.
Thank you for telling me school is jing. I enjoyed that. Ha Ha!
I hope grandma and grandpa are doing well. I am glad they received my letter. Seems like things were a little rough. I am sure the Lord will watch over them as long as you have done all you can. Same goes for grandpa, do all you can and the Lord will take care of the rest. Relax.
That is a POWERFUL incite about "the Mormon." I did not think about that. That is cool. (discussed how Romney's presidential run was a type of missionary work)
I received a package with two garments inside and also my Christmas box package. I did not open the Christmas one. I am holding on to it until Christmas. The garment envelope had mac n' cheese with $ and a flashdrive.
True, Christ's birth was very humble and I love that. But I must partially disagree. Certain shepherd had voiced "abroad" the message of his birth. Many came and many worshiped. My companion and I even discussed how it was humble how even his birth was not made known to all by angels or even priest or king, but by a lowly shepherd. Even the heavens announced his birth. The star of David, the wonders in the Americas, etc. So I agree with you, but I also disagree just a little bit. Ha Ha! And I have a feeling you may disagree with me a bit too. ( told him how his Christmas will be humble this year, and how Christ's birth was humble and whole cities did not celebrate or come to see him, but humble shepards.)
I actually met with Elder Wae last night. I gave him a tie, one last hug, and told him "I love you" in his language (Ke ya go rata. note: the "g" in Tswana makes a gurtle sound like in Dutch). I love that baba! He promised to stay in touch.
I love you all so much! I look forward to next week. Oh yeah, I gave a talk in the branch about time. Basically, the message was "How much time do you give to the world? and how much time do you give to the Lord?
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment