Tuesday, April 2, 2013

October 15, 2012 Exactly One Year Left To Serve

Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Gagon

My Family People,

This week was absolutely wonderful. What a pleasure to enjoy the fruits of much obedience and much success. I am very much enjoying the area and my companion. We are working hard to make Nketa flourish. We have beheld miracles and a plethora (notice how I use a fancy word to imply the greatness of what is happening) of blessings from the Lord. Yo! I am one happy servant.
Well, I can say that this is the most obedient transfer I have had. I have been obedient before, do not get me wrong, but this is a new level of obedience, exact obedience. We talk about it daily. We talk about what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I said it last week and I will say it again, “Elder Gagon is helping me to be the missionary I want to be." I can truly see the blessings of being exactly obedient to the rule. It seems as though the Lord trusts us. We are even working on goals such as planning more effectively. We from the beginning of our companionship have been taking the time to actually plan, and think about, back-up plans. Something I have to admit I have not really applied on mission. Are indicators have been rising since applying back-up plans. We are showing the Lord that we really do care about this work.

Well, we experienced what I believe to be a miracle at church this last Sunday. We had three random people whom we do not know come to church. An investigator came to church that we thought had disappeared. All in all church itself was a miracle. We are exciting the members. We even randomly received two referrals when we thought that they would never come.

We had planned to teach a Sister by the name of L about the Sabbath Day, but when we started we felt inspired to even teach about prayer and how she could get her answer. She had been coming to church for several weeks now. Her husband is having trouble with getting ID so that they can be married. Well, she has been attending for some time, but she keeps telling us that she does not feel anything. At the close of our lesson we invited her to give a kneeling prayer asking if the church was true. After the “amen” we sat for a moment, asked how she felt, and she said, “like something here (pointing to the heart) like it is beating big.”

We were blessed to meet with Brother and Sister M this week. Brother M came to church last week on his own being invited to church. He smelt a bit of alcohol. We set a time to see him Saturday and gave him a Word of Wisdom pamphlet. When we reached his home Saturday we were warmly welcomed in. Both he and his wife sat waiting with eager eyes. We began as normal and asked if Brother M had read the pamphlet. He said he had and stated that he had completely quit drinking since coming to church. He then asked pointing to the Word of Wisdom pamphlet, “Are these all the rules of our new church?” What! Ha Ha! They are already calling it there church. We invited them to be baptized and we would come share with them all that they needed to do. They agreed and even agreed to be legally married as well. I even looked to the wife to see if she was okay with everything and she responded saying, “I just want to follow my husband.” Yo! These two are POWERFUL!

The last miracle that I will share is that we had two days were every single appointment we had scheduled for that day were there and waiting. Not only that, but on both days we also were able to have extra time to get a much needed recent convert or less-active lesson. I can say that that has not happened to me on mission as far as I can remember. At least not two days in one week without having a single fall-through. What a blessing.

I am behind like 5 days in my journal. I come home beat and I fall asleep before writing in my journal. As for safety I am as safe as i can be. I have never had a guard since I have been on mission. The church only uses guards for the chapels and church buildings (like mission office) so that no one steals anything. The only thing I am not safe in is my mind. Satan has launched many attacks on me and my defenses are weak. If you want me to be protected stop praying for my physical safety and start praying for my spiritual safety. What is better for me to die on mission or for me to live forever with my spirit dead and separated from God. Personally mom, I do not care if I was walking onto an open battle field of war. I trust my Lord. What i do care about is the spiritual battle I am under going. I will be blunt. I am struggling. Do you know what a horrible filling that is? My soul is in pain. Please stop asking about my physical safety. I do what i can and follow the mission rules for that protection, but please help me with my spiritual safety.

I am runing out of time so,

This was probably one of the best weeks in missionary work. I am just struggling a lot. I am hoping this week will be POWERFUL, so look forward to a cheerful letter next week.

I love you all like nuts!

Keep the Faith

L O VE like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST

Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment