Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Halloween Letter Oct 29 2012

October 29, 2012 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Gagon

My Dear Family,

Well...as for the journal, I decided to quit trying to catch up. I am just starting from today. So I hope I will write every night.

Well, I can say that this week I have struggled with consistency. Just small and simple things though. I am struggling on working out every morning, writing the journal every night, and really those small and simple things. I feel that it effects my work though. "By small and simple things great things are brought to pass." I have shared a bit about how I want to purify myself. I have gained a testimony of obedience a little late on mission. I have come to realize that exact obedience leads to exact guidance from the Holy Spirit. I want to qualify myself to be a constant companion for the Holy Ghost. that is my challenge and my goal.

As for the miracles i have experienced, in the course of our week on a day I cannot quite pinpoint Elder Gagon and I were walking to an appointment when a man called out to us. Now there are really only two occasions where this happens: when a drunk sees a white guy or when someone is moved upon by the Holy Ghost. Seeing that we were not near any bar and that this man appeared not drunk I was quite excited. We talked to the man and explained that he wanted us to visit him. Now this was a miracle in a couple of ways. The first was that when we had called to confirm appointments that morning we found that there would be not one person we knew that would be home at 5:00...well...this man said we could come to his home at that time. The second miracle is that there were two women who knew the man so they stopped and talked to us as well. They shared with us that they used to visit the church, but no missionary had taught them. we took their details and will be visiting them and their husbands this week.

The miracle continues. As we went for the appointment at 5:00 we found that he was not home...but the niece and the mother where there. We shared with them and it was POWERFUL! The spirit really testified to them. The niece, Sister Micheal, came to church on Sunday and loved it. Also, on Sunday, we suffered a few fall-throughs and ended up visiting Sister M and found her Aunt who when we share the first bit of Restoration was very interested and plans on visiting church. So by one man acting on an influence to call out to two white guys has allowed us to find several new souls some of witch who where prepared for our message.

That was the big miracle for me this week. I thank Father in Heaven for always responding to the prays I offer, of course, in His own timing. I have noticed that the miracles I witness are answers to the prayers that i offer. I know that Father in Heaven hears us. It is my goal that I can remove the pavilion that I may have placed in my life, so that i may align my will with His. This is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Conference was so POWERFUL! I downloaded the talks I liked and I listen to them n the morning and at night. The message was clearly on conversion and how we obtain it. Our very nature changing was said repeatedly. That is so literal. Just as King Benjamin states in Mosiah 2:41. Those who keep the commandments, or are converted and live that conversion, have different and blessed states, appearances, and even souls (souls, meaning the body and the spirit).

Ha Ha! Halloween? I almost forgot about that holiday. You will need to send pictures for sure.

The missionary library only has "True to the Faith." It does not have "Articles of Faith." The articles of faith book talks about the articles of faith in detail, explaining each one. I forgot who wrote it, but it is not in the missionary library. I have only heard about the Encyclopedia of Mormonism so I am not sure. I would like you to keep them for my return.

p.s. I sent Grandpa and Grandma's letter and will be sending your package today.

To be honest, in the preparation process of those to receive the gospel too many are involved. I cannot take credit for "being in the right place at the right time." I am only a small piece of the puzzle to help the M's moving toward salvation. I will play my part and do all I can to have the spirit to direct them on the right path, but I must recognize I only play a small role.

Well, I am glad you were watched over in the car. What a blessing to have several blessings. Is everything okay with the car now?

UI love you all So much! Aha hABkbndusbvg\askbgapwefhr9pbg
sorry typing fast

Keep the Faith

LOVE
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment