Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder Allen
Dear Family,
Well, I guess you already know my transfers, but I am staying and Elder Allen will be arriving soon and is my new companion. I have served around him before and I am stoked to be with him. Ha Ha! I am going to work him into the ground.
The week was POWERFUL and challenging. Challenging, because some of our investigators left for holiday and some of the investigators we are sharing with are unable to gain a testimony so they are losing faith. It was POWERFUL though because we worked hard and are preparing for some wonderful souls.
Well, last week we were invited by a sister to share with her. After visiting her we found that she has some challenges. She was hit by a bike and her world came tumbling down. She now suffers from memory lose and she has a condition much like Elder J, she shakes. She used to be a popular girl in her neighborhood, but now her neighborhood believes she has a devil, her friends have rejected her, and even her father treats her...not well. We have discovered upon our second visit that she is not ready to hear the gospel. Every time we try to share she goes off on how she has lost her life. I feel for this girl and I know this gospel can bless her. In our last visit we helped her to look at the good and not the bad. She has a goal of praying for the people who talk about her behind her back and she is working on think of the people who are nice to her. We have decided to pay her a visit once a week to encourage her. Her mind is so focused on her condition she will not receive the lessons we have, but I feel like we can help her.
Gogo is progressing very well. She has trouble remembering things, but her granddaughter reviews everything with her and is helping her a lot. She will be baptized next week with Sister L, M, and Brother M. Sister L is also doing very well. She and her family are really getting everything. She was not at church because she was sick, but everything else is going well.
As of now we are struggling a bit with fathers. We are not finding them and the ones we have are not progressing well. Although, the Lord blessed us this week. While visiting one of the recent converts one of there brothers came in. We set an appointment with him and the lesson was wonderful. He said he would agree to baptism on one condition, that we teach him about the Book of Mormon. Yo! He is also a father so we are very excited to teach him. We only foresee one problem...work. We will see how he does this week.
We were also able to discover some helpful information about an investigator who seemed to never be home. Upon arriving at her house a little girl went inside and said the one we were looking for was not home. We could tell she was lying. The branch missionary we were with spoke with her trying to get her to tell the truth. I had an impression. I had him as the girl if he could go in the house and check. She said yes and then she told him where our investigator was hiding. The investigator was found and we spoke a bit and found out that the investigator is scared of the mother and the mom may not want us to share with her. The investigator asked us to talk to the mom so we can share with her. So we will go see if we can get mom's permission to teach the daughter. That was fun!
The last POWERFUL thing to happen was the chapel dedication. Sunday at 4:00 Nketa 1st and 2nd met at the chapel and the service was conducted. Elder Edward Dube was the one to dedicate the chapel. The dedicatory prayer was interesting to think about and I loved the spirit of it. The chapel will bless the land and the people there. It was also nice to see Elder Dube.
I am excited to be able to continue serving in Nketa 2nd. I love this area. I hope that Elder Allen is ready to work, because we have a lot to do.
Yo! It seems like too much happens back home. I hope everyone is doing well. I know that things get crazy this time of the year.
I love you all so much. Sorry for not responding much, but I am now out of time. Until next week. I love you! Make sure you get your gift to Jesus Christ! I want to hear what you give to him this year.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Well, I guess you already know my transfers, but I am staying and Elder Allen will be arriving soon and is my new companion. I have served around him before and I am stoked to be with him. Ha Ha! I am going to work him into the ground.
The week was POWERFUL and challenging. Challenging, because some of our investigators left for holiday and some of the investigators we are sharing with are unable to gain a testimony so they are losing faith. It was POWERFUL though because we worked hard and are preparing for some wonderful souls.
Well, last week we were invited by a sister to share with her. After visiting her we found that she has some challenges. She was hit by a bike and her world came tumbling down. She now suffers from memory lose and she has a condition much like Elder J, she shakes. She used to be a popular girl in her neighborhood, but now her neighborhood believes she has a devil, her friends have rejected her, and even her father treats her...not well. We have discovered upon our second visit that she is not ready to hear the gospel. Every time we try to share she goes off on how she has lost her life. I feel for this girl and I know this gospel can bless her. In our last visit we helped her to look at the good and not the bad. She has a goal of praying for the people who talk about her behind her back and she is working on think of the people who are nice to her. We have decided to pay her a visit once a week to encourage her. Her mind is so focused on her condition she will not receive the lessons we have, but I feel like we can help her.
Gogo is progressing very well. She has trouble remembering things, but her granddaughter reviews everything with her and is helping her a lot. She will be baptized next week with Sister L, M, and Brother M. Sister L is also doing very well. She and her family are really getting everything. She was not at church because she was sick, but everything else is going well.
As of now we are struggling a bit with fathers. We are not finding them and the ones we have are not progressing well. Although, the Lord blessed us this week. While visiting one of the recent converts one of there brothers came in. We set an appointment with him and the lesson was wonderful. He said he would agree to baptism on one condition, that we teach him about the Book of Mormon. Yo! He is also a father so we are very excited to teach him. We only foresee one problem...work. We will see how he does this week.
We were also able to discover some helpful information about an investigator who seemed to never be home. Upon arriving at her house a little girl went inside and said the one we were looking for was not home. We could tell she was lying. The branch missionary we were with spoke with her trying to get her to tell the truth. I had an impression. I had him as the girl if he could go in the house and check. She said yes and then she told him where our investigator was hiding. The investigator was found and we spoke a bit and found out that the investigator is scared of the mother and the mom may not want us to share with her. The investigator asked us to talk to the mom so we can share with her. So we will go see if we can get mom's permission to teach the daughter. That was fun!
The last POWERFUL thing to happen was the chapel dedication. Sunday at 4:00 Nketa 1st and 2nd met at the chapel and the service was conducted. Elder Edward Dube was the one to dedicate the chapel. The dedicatory prayer was interesting to think about and I loved the spirit of it. The chapel will bless the land and the people there. It was also nice to see Elder Dube.
I am excited to be able to continue serving in Nketa 2nd. I love this area. I hope that Elder Allen is ready to work, because we have a lot to do.
Yo! It seems like too much happens back home. I hope everyone is doing well. I know that things get crazy this time of the year.
I love you all so much. Sorry for not responding much, but I am now out of time. Until next week. I love you! Make sure you get your gift to Jesus Christ! I want to hear what you give to him this year.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:
Post a Comment