Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder Allen
My Dear Family Which Pursues Discipleship,
Yo! What a blessing for sure. Ha Ha! I do not know about you but talking to you on Christmas felt so normal, so natural. I was thinking it was going to be weird or exciting, but it just felt normal. It was nice to see and talk to you. It feels like it happened so long ago. I am glad it was a good experience for you. I am also happy to hear that was Christmas was so good. Thank you for following your Savior for, for a lack of a better scripture, loving your enemies. It is easy to say that 'they' are jerks and just ignore or be rude to them, but it takes a lot to rise to another plane and bring yourself low and forgive. Think about it. Christ lowered himself from the plane of God-ship to our level so that he could raise us up. We too must lower ourselves so that we might be raised at the last day. "For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 14:11).
It sounds like the whole family had a wonderful time from the 24th-26th. I actually have heard of Boxing-Day before, but I did not know what it was. My companion was telling me that they save the 25th for remembering Christ and then the gifts come on Boxing-Day. I would like to do that. No presents on Christmas. Just have the whole day be about Christ and then get our gifts on Boxing-Day.
Yo! I was worried about my package. How amazing, grand, and POWERFUL is Father in Heaven. I prayed over my package that I did not care how long it took, that I just wanted it to arrive and for nothing to be broken. I expressed that I would have liked the package to arrive around Christmas, but I did not want to ask for more than safe travel for the box. Father answered my prayer according to what I asked and even my desire. I like Heavenly Father. He is cool.
I hope you liked all the things I got. I would just pick random things that i liked. I sent some wooden animals. The elephant, lion, rhino, leopard, and water buffalo. They are called the big five and they are like a set so keep those together.
As for the Zimbabwean money, Jordan can keep it all. I have only sent the extras/doubles that I get. I have one of almost all of them, even the old Zimbabwe notes. There is even a member that might give me a Rhodesian note. I hope she gives it to me. No need to save money for me except when that charity organization comes again.
I hope the camera comes soon! I did get a Christmas card from you. It was lovely! I also did receive Sydney's letter. I was writing other letters at the time so I have not written back yet, but I do plan to.
The family who I skyped at their home was the M Family. Ha Ha! I have too many mom's in Zimbabwe. You better watch out. They might make me stay here. My goal for every area I serve is to get to know and develop relationships with all the members in the areas which I serve. There are a lot of members that treat me the way the M's treat me.
That is POWERFUL that Kim and Alex came. I hope you will be able to spend time with them. Also, you should definitely hang out with Dragon's mom. Ha Ha! Sounds like you are enjoying your gift from grandma and grandpa. :)
The week was truly wonderful. Much success came from the Christmas season. The first big miracle for me was on Christmas. Our zone spent the first part of the day caroling for old folks. What joy was brought to my soul when we walked into glum rooms to when we begun to sing I would see the worn faces of old ones light up in Christ and the Christmas spirit. That was what Christmas was about. Bringing peace, hope, and love to the hearts of others. My companion and I were talking about how Christmas was a time to remember Christ and do the work of the Lord, so we left our zone when we had finished district meeting and went to our area and we started at the homes closest to our chapel and began knocking and asking if we could share a message of Christmas with families. We were welcomed into one home and ended up finding a POWERFUL family, a father, mother, and two daughters. We finished the day skyping and having a Christmas dinner. Yo! A wonderful day.
Also this week, I felt the spirit more in teaching. I have made it a goal to in every lesson to talk about the spirit and to get them to recognize the spirit in the lesson. I have noticed that every doctrine of Christ lesson they accept the invitation to be baptized without any complaint. When they feel the spirit testify to them that they need to follow Christ teachings and we help them recognize that spirit the excuses (such as "I have been baptized before") melt away. They will know that the spirit and the Lord are telling them they need to comply to what we share/invite.
I went on two exchanges this week. One with Elder Sebako and one with Elder Stewart. I was able to learn from both of them and i enjoyed each experience. One thing I love about Elder Sebako is that he loves to jump to the Book of Mormon. He will always try to teach and answer questions from the Book of Mormon. What I loved about Elder Stewart is that he does not rush. He takes his time and speaks boldly. It is amazing to me how much we as missionaries (and children of God) differ one from another. We always can learn something from each other.
Another great blessing has been my companion. When he first came I told him that we need to find fathers. We set goals and came up with ideas and he has been valiant in finding fathers. The thing I love the most about my companion is that he has taught to serve and look for opportunities to serve both each other and everyone else. Service brings love. When you serve you forget yourself and think of others. Service bring charity.
The week was amazing. I loved it. I have learned much. I hope you will have a wonderful week as well. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
*A missionary mentioned something called "the 4th missionary" could you look it up and if it is sendable can you send it to me. Can you also tell me what it is about.
THank you for all your love and wishes and advice and prayers and everything else you send my way. I thank my Lord for blessing me with you! You are all POWERFUL like nuts! Ngiyakutanda Kakulu!
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Yo! What a blessing for sure. Ha Ha! I do not know about you but talking to you on Christmas felt so normal, so natural. I was thinking it was going to be weird or exciting, but it just felt normal. It was nice to see and talk to you. It feels like it happened so long ago. I am glad it was a good experience for you. I am also happy to hear that was Christmas was so good. Thank you for following your Savior for, for a lack of a better scripture, loving your enemies. It is easy to say that 'they' are jerks and just ignore or be rude to them, but it takes a lot to rise to another plane and bring yourself low and forgive. Think about it. Christ lowered himself from the plane of God-ship to our level so that he could raise us up. We too must lower ourselves so that we might be raised at the last day. "For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 14:11).
It sounds like the whole family had a wonderful time from the 24th-26th. I actually have heard of Boxing-Day before, but I did not know what it was. My companion was telling me that they save the 25th for remembering Christ and then the gifts come on Boxing-Day. I would like to do that. No presents on Christmas. Just have the whole day be about Christ and then get our gifts on Boxing-Day.
Yo! I was worried about my package. How amazing, grand, and POWERFUL is Father in Heaven. I prayed over my package that I did not care how long it took, that I just wanted it to arrive and for nothing to be broken. I expressed that I would have liked the package to arrive around Christmas, but I did not want to ask for more than safe travel for the box. Father answered my prayer according to what I asked and even my desire. I like Heavenly Father. He is cool.
I hope you liked all the things I got. I would just pick random things that i liked. I sent some wooden animals. The elephant, lion, rhino, leopard, and water buffalo. They are called the big five and they are like a set so keep those together.
As for the Zimbabwean money, Jordan can keep it all. I have only sent the extras/doubles that I get. I have one of almost all of them, even the old Zimbabwe notes. There is even a member that might give me a Rhodesian note. I hope she gives it to me. No need to save money for me except when that charity organization comes again.
I hope the camera comes soon! I did get a Christmas card from you. It was lovely! I also did receive Sydney's letter. I was writing other letters at the time so I have not written back yet, but I do plan to.
The family who I skyped at their home was the M Family. Ha Ha! I have too many mom's in Zimbabwe. You better watch out. They might make me stay here. My goal for every area I serve is to get to know and develop relationships with all the members in the areas which I serve. There are a lot of members that treat me the way the M's treat me.
That is POWERFUL that Kim and Alex came. I hope you will be able to spend time with them. Also, you should definitely hang out with Dragon's mom. Ha Ha! Sounds like you are enjoying your gift from grandma and grandpa. :)
The week was truly wonderful. Much success came from the Christmas season. The first big miracle for me was on Christmas. Our zone spent the first part of the day caroling for old folks. What joy was brought to my soul when we walked into glum rooms to when we begun to sing I would see the worn faces of old ones light up in Christ and the Christmas spirit. That was what Christmas was about. Bringing peace, hope, and love to the hearts of others. My companion and I were talking about how Christmas was a time to remember Christ and do the work of the Lord, so we left our zone when we had finished district meeting and went to our area and we started at the homes closest to our chapel and began knocking and asking if we could share a message of Christmas with families. We were welcomed into one home and ended up finding a POWERFUL family, a father, mother, and two daughters. We finished the day skyping and having a Christmas dinner. Yo! A wonderful day.
Also this week, I felt the spirit more in teaching. I have made it a goal to in every lesson to talk about the spirit and to get them to recognize the spirit in the lesson. I have noticed that every doctrine of Christ lesson they accept the invitation to be baptized without any complaint. When they feel the spirit testify to them that they need to follow Christ teachings and we help them recognize that spirit the excuses (such as "I have been baptized before") melt away. They will know that the spirit and the Lord are telling them they need to comply to what we share/invite.
I went on two exchanges this week. One with Elder Sebako and one with Elder Stewart. I was able to learn from both of them and i enjoyed each experience. One thing I love about Elder Sebako is that he loves to jump to the Book of Mormon. He will always try to teach and answer questions from the Book of Mormon. What I loved about Elder Stewart is that he does not rush. He takes his time and speaks boldly. It is amazing to me how much we as missionaries (and children of God) differ one from another. We always can learn something from each other.
Another great blessing has been my companion. When he first came I told him that we need to find fathers. We set goals and came up with ideas and he has been valiant in finding fathers. The thing I love the most about my companion is that he has taught to serve and look for opportunities to serve both each other and everyone else. Service brings love. When you serve you forget yourself and think of others. Service bring charity.
The week was amazing. I loved it. I have learned much. I hope you will have a wonderful week as well. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
*A missionary mentioned something called "the 4th missionary" could you look it up and if it is sendable can you send it to me. Can you also tell me what it is about.
THank you for all your love and wishes and advice and prayers and everything else you send my way. I thank my Lord for blessing me with you! You are all POWERFUL like nuts! Ngiyakutanda Kakulu!
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Missionary Photos Wanted for New LDS BOOK!
ReplyDeleteAuthor Mike Winder is working with Deseret Book-owned Covenant Communications on a missionary photo book that will contain inspiring quotes, scriptures, and thoughts to help inspire young people to serve a mission.
He is looking for amazing missionary photos from around the world. Do you have any favorite pics that evoke emotion (inspiring, humorous, etc.)? Do you have any photos with your companion in front of temples or iconic images (Big Ben, Golden Gate Bridge, Asian pagodas, etc.)? Do you have any showing missionaries in action (service projects, teaching, tracting, baptizing, etc.)? How about funny missionary pics, ones with the Book of Mormon, with food, with kids, or with animals?
If so, please email a few of your favorite ones to mike@mikewinder.com by July 31. Images must be at least 1MB in size to be published (low resolution images would be too blurry in print).