Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder DRAGON!
Dear Family People,
This week was definitely an up n' down for me. I think Elder Dragon and I have been talking about being companions together since before our flight to the Joburg MTC. I am sure our families were just as excited to hear that we will be serving together. I must say that I admire Elder Dragon. He has gone through a lot and his first week he got hit with a NEW pain in his knee and a sore cough on Wednesday until now. Ha Ha! Not only was physically week, I also worked him hard. I did not mean to. I have also had to humble myself this week. I have realized I cannot work as fast as I normally do (ask any missionary, I am the fastest walker) and I have to be smarter about my work. I have to plan our days to make sure there is the least amount of walking possible. I also really had to humble myself on Sunday. Elder Dragon became too sick to work. I have offered my prayers every night in his behalf. I, along with the Emganwini elders, gave him a blessing Sunday night. I pray that i may serve my friend to the best of my abilities. This work is more than just finding and teaching investigators.
We had 3 large blessings/miracles this week. One occurred this Sunday after church. The baptism of Brothers L, P, M, V, and Sister S. This may be one of the most spiritual baptisms I have experienced and I wish Elder Allen could have been hear for it. It was amazing how well the baptism went. Especially for brother V, who had to have three bretheren bring him down into the water to be baptized (He is the baba in a wheel chair). It was amazing!
The other miracle was a referral we had received from a member. We contacted him late one night and rescheduled for Thursday night. When arriving at the appointment we found the whole family. All brothers and sisters appart from one wife of one of the brothers. They all were around the ages of 25. We taught and shared the Doctrine of Christ. Oh yeah, one thing I love about Elder dragon is the way he teaches. I enjoy it very much. Now, as we taught this large family they all toward the end were on the edge of their seats. The spirit was thick and I know they all felt it. They all asked questions and I could see the desire in their eyes. We are very excited for them.
The last miracle was brother Munyaradzi. He is a friend and referral of one of those who were baptized this Sunday. Munya is the "golden investigator" that missionaries dream about. He has been very prepared and is a POWERFUL kid. Again, when we teach him the spirit is always present. He asks questions, reads everything we give him, and he is already excited about his baptism. He even came Sunday and witnessed his friends baptism. We are very excited for him and hope that we may reach his mother and help them progress to the temple were they can do work for his late fatyher.
It was an amazing and rough week for me. We got a lot of work done, but we had two days of not much work and we need to build our teaching pool now. There is always darkness present before light sheds forth, so we are expecting a POWERFUL week this coming week.
food=just okay for now. wait until we receive allotment. Our house was dry of food last week and probably this week.
Again, I am glad to hear we have some positive news from grandma and grandpa. I hope they are applying the gospel more in their lives. If they want blessings and health the gospel light is the best key.
Really quick:
Did you destroy my DnD books? If you have not yet, will you do so and take pictures of it? I want to see it in flames. :)
Just hold onto all the things you get for me, including the truman g. madson dvds. I am excited for the lectures on faith though. I hope they come soon. Elder Mason's mom sent him those dvds and that is why I asked for them. You should ask her how she got a hold of them.
You should fix your computer. :)
I am excited that McKenna got her letter. I hope Jordan Ballou got his too.
I love you. The Lord loves you. We all love you. Learn to forgive (d&c 64:9-10)
Be strong and of good courage
Elder TOM
Sorry I am out of time.
I love you all. THank you for what you do for me.
L O V E from a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
This week was definitely an up n' down for me. I think Elder Dragon and I have been talking about being companions together since before our flight to the Joburg MTC. I am sure our families were just as excited to hear that we will be serving together. I must say that I admire Elder Dragon. He has gone through a lot and his first week he got hit with a NEW pain in his knee and a sore cough on Wednesday until now. Ha Ha! Not only was physically week, I also worked him hard. I did not mean to. I have also had to humble myself this week. I have realized I cannot work as fast as I normally do (ask any missionary, I am the fastest walker) and I have to be smarter about my work. I have to plan our days to make sure there is the least amount of walking possible. I also really had to humble myself on Sunday. Elder Dragon became too sick to work. I have offered my prayers every night in his behalf. I, along with the Emganwini elders, gave him a blessing Sunday night. I pray that i may serve my friend to the best of my abilities. This work is more than just finding and teaching investigators.
We had 3 large blessings/miracles this week. One occurred this Sunday after church. The baptism of Brothers L, P, M, V, and Sister S. This may be one of the most spiritual baptisms I have experienced and I wish Elder Allen could have been hear for it. It was amazing how well the baptism went. Especially for brother V, who had to have three bretheren bring him down into the water to be baptized (He is the baba in a wheel chair). It was amazing!
The other miracle was a referral we had received from a member. We contacted him late one night and rescheduled for Thursday night. When arriving at the appointment we found the whole family. All brothers and sisters appart from one wife of one of the brothers. They all were around the ages of 25. We taught and shared the Doctrine of Christ. Oh yeah, one thing I love about Elder dragon is the way he teaches. I enjoy it very much. Now, as we taught this large family they all toward the end were on the edge of their seats. The spirit was thick and I know they all felt it. They all asked questions and I could see the desire in their eyes. We are very excited for them.
The last miracle was brother Munyaradzi. He is a friend and referral of one of those who were baptized this Sunday. Munya is the "golden investigator" that missionaries dream about. He has been very prepared and is a POWERFUL kid. Again, when we teach him the spirit is always present. He asks questions, reads everything we give him, and he is already excited about his baptism. He even came Sunday and witnessed his friends baptism. We are very excited for him and hope that we may reach his mother and help them progress to the temple were they can do work for his late fatyher.
It was an amazing and rough week for me. We got a lot of work done, but we had two days of not much work and we need to build our teaching pool now. There is always darkness present before light sheds forth, so we are expecting a POWERFUL week this coming week.
food=just okay for now. wait until we receive allotment. Our house was dry of food last week and probably this week.
Again, I am glad to hear we have some positive news from grandma and grandpa. I hope they are applying the gospel more in their lives. If they want blessings and health the gospel light is the best key.
Really quick:
Did you destroy my DnD books? If you have not yet, will you do so and take pictures of it? I want to see it in flames. :)
Just hold onto all the things you get for me, including the truman g. madson dvds. I am excited for the lectures on faith though. I hope they come soon. Elder Mason's mom sent him those dvds and that is why I asked for them. You should ask her how she got a hold of them.
You should fix your computer. :)
I am excited that McKenna got her letter. I hope Jordan Ballou got his too.
I love you. The Lord loves you. We all love you. Learn to forgive (d&c 64:9-10)
Be strong and of good courage
Elder TOM
Sorry I am out of time.
I love you all. THank you for what you do for me.
L O V E from a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment