Monday, July 8, 2013

February email

Date: February 04, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Allen

Dear Family,

The Lord has seen fit to bless Elder Allen and I this week. We have looked at our area and felt like it needed much improvement on the investigator side, so we looked at the success of the Emganwini Elders and the Nketa 1st Elders and try applying what they do in their areas into our areas. Emganwini has been finding a lot through tracting and the Nketa 1st have been working very close to their center of strength which is helping them in sacrament attendance. So we decided to apply both into our area and the fruits have flourished.

We have found a lot through our efforts, but two families have really impacted us and we see them as a blessing of the Lord. The first miracle family were the N's. We knocked on their gate and they kindly welcomed us in. Almost immediately as we sat down to start the lesson they began asking us what they needed to do to join the church. They explained that they had unfavorable experience with the pastor in their previous church and that they were looking for a church to join. We shared the message of the Restoration and answered their questions about the church. At the end of the lesson the father said, "We have been going to all these churches and now we have found the truth." Even when he closed with a prayer, in his pray he stated how grateful he was that Father in Heaven had sent us that day and that he was not expecting it, but that he was ready to follow.

The next miracle family was the X's. We saw Brother X seated in his wheelchair outside and we greeted him. My companion then stopped and went inside the gate to talk to the man. He agreed to let us share with him and his son. Brother X had suffered from a stroke in 2010 and is confined to a wheelchair. His teenage son looks after him. They were both very kind and loved our message. They both agreed to come to church and they did. Our branch mission leader even picked them up for church and helped push Brother X there. Two branch missionaries also pushed/walked them home. We stopped by the X's home during the day on Sunday and found Brother X sitting outside reading "Our Heritage." This week was amazing.
I pray the Lord to bless you in this great cause.

I am also very grateful that Jordan has made the priesthood step and has started passing the sacrament. Have you been helping him by going over his duties and priesthood service stuff? It is very important I promise you.

I am not sure I can watch commercials and the Jazz or TV for that matter when I come home. After not being able to watch for so long when I see glimpses when we walk into home I am becoming more and more convinced that TV is evil. In a matter of two seconds the TV shows things breaking law of chastity and word of wisdom. I am actually thinking about never watching TV or movies ever again. I am still deciding though, but yo! TV is naughty.

(we asked:That is so strange that you don't tract, I didn't know that) Most all of my finding on mission has been referrals. We have been taught that tracting is a last resort kind of thing.
(we asekd: How was your last P-day going to Khami ruins again?) It was not the last P-Day and it was very enjoyable.
(we asked: Are you close to Great Zimbabwe ruins?) Nope. They are far away near Masvingo.

I have not received the 4th missionary package yet. As for the package you will be sending, if you have found the Truman G. Madson DvDs I would like to have those. Ha Ha! I am guessing you have not found those yet. I am also not sure if I am joking or not about sending them too...um...but I would love some Twizzlers, Pop-Tarts, maybe some Pringles. I do not really know. Surprise me!

I wanted to ask if you have heard anything from Taylor Wilson. If you talk to him and he is still around can you ask him if he can organize some spiritual music for me in mp3 format and if he could include one of his own (a sometimes army) songs. Ask him to record "BakerMan" for me :). Can you also ask Jordan Ballou if he would be willing to organize some spiritual music he could send me. Instruments, piano tributes to good indie songs, or any type of spiritual songs they think I would like would be much appreciated.

I love you and thank you for all that you do for me. We all have a part in this work to do and we must work. Avoid all idleness. Go about doing good. Let your light so shine before the world. Dare to be a Mormon. I love you so much.

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment