Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo Nketa
Companion: Elder Bohn
Dear Family People,
Woah, it feels like it has been a long time...oh wait...it has been a long time. Ha Ha! To reply to mom's comment I was worrying that you would be freaking out. So I guess I better start explaining the last two weeks or so. Elder Dragon and I ended our transfer together very well. We had some hard times, a lot of talking, and a lot of love. I think he is an amazing guy. He went back to Harare to be in a car with Elder Seager. That should be good for him. Keep praying for him.
Now for me to explain last Monday. I will start with Saturday, Saturday we received our transfers and Elder Dragon was told he will be going to Harare and that I will remain with a branch missionary (from Zimbabwe). Sunday proceeded as normal and Elder Dragon was picked up and I was left to stay with the Emganwini elders (Elders Miller and Sebako). Monday we went to Emganwini to email and I was last to go. When it was my turn their Branch President needed the computer (we were emailing at their meeting house). We then decided to go to town so I could email there and so Elder Miller could get his hairs cut. Upon getting to town we found out that it was a public holiday which means everything closes down early including internet cafes. So, after the hairs cut and some light shopping we returned to emganwini and guess what? No power. Ha Ha! That was when I started to worry about mom. Ha Ha! We ended up going home for the night because there was nothing we could do and then something happened. The Assistants called me. I answered and they said something like, "Elder Haltom, we have 5 new missionaries we were not planning for and you will train one of them. The zone leaders will pick you up and you will come to Harare tomorrow to pick up Elder Bohn." So I was picked up that night and slept at the zone leaders house. The next morning we left bright and early and traveled the 6 hours plus multiple stops and did not arrive until 1:00 or 2:00. So, still Tuesday, I had to go through training, meet my companion, go through more training, and finally eat at President's home. By the time we got to the transfer house to sleep it was too late to email. I was told I could email when I got back to Bulawayo the next day. The next morning while waiting for our transportation was when I sent you an email saying I would email later that day.
Well, on the way back to Bulawayo we made a couple stops for missionaries dropping before Blues. I would just like to include this cool story: While in Harare I got my package that had Sue's [mom's] conversion story and other things in it. On the trip to Blues I read the story. There were some names I recognized: the Newbold's (or something like that). I was told by missionaries that they stayed in KweKwe and that they probably new my old friend that would sit behind me in my Hooper ward. Well, on the trip we made a stop in KweKwe at a home owned by white people. They were standing outside and I greeted them and asked their names. They were the Newbold's. Since I had just read about Sue Francis I told them that I [had connections to them] and they told me to make sure that I told my mom to tell Sue they say, "Hello." This is a cool story not because I have been wanting to meet them ever since I heard about them, not because I have a connection to them, not because I just read about them and they were standing in front of me, but that Wednesday last week was their last day in Zimbabwe forever. They were going on a plane to somewhere in Europe and then to Arizona where they have family to stay forever. The Lord let me meet them before they left. POWERFUL moments!
So back to the story, we made our last stop in Gweru before Bulawayo and we were about an hour away from Blues when the tire on the trailer blew. Ha Ha! We were stuck on the side of the road for a couple hours and a long story short we piled the rest of the luggage in the bus, left the assistant driver with the trailer, went to Blues, it got too late so we dropped everyone at my house, so we had 6 missionaries in my home that night, and after all that I was told to just email on MOnday (today). So that is the story. Yay!
So Elder Bohn and I have had some wonderful experiences both in missionary labors and other things. We have investigators who are preparing very well and we are hoping the M family will be baptized this coming Sunday. I need to learn how to help my companion learn mission stuff and help with teaching skills. Everything is fantastic!...except for the Zone. The zone is dying a bit and they need some help. The work is slowing down (not with me or the zone leaders, but everyone else) and they could use some prayers offered in their behalf. Well, every thing is great and Elder Bohn and I are excited to get working!
I hope grandma and grandpa are doing better.
Yo! Did I miss anything? My hands hurt. I think I will end here. If you have anything else you want me to right about, or if you have any questions, or if I did not answer questions let me know. I love you all like nuts!
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a Disciple of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Woah, it feels like it has been a long time...oh wait...it has been a long time. Ha Ha! To reply to mom's comment I was worrying that you would be freaking out. So I guess I better start explaining the last two weeks or so. Elder Dragon and I ended our transfer together very well. We had some hard times, a lot of talking, and a lot of love. I think he is an amazing guy. He went back to Harare to be in a car with Elder Seager. That should be good for him. Keep praying for him.
Now for me to explain last Monday. I will start with Saturday, Saturday we received our transfers and Elder Dragon was told he will be going to Harare and that I will remain with a branch missionary (from Zimbabwe). Sunday proceeded as normal and Elder Dragon was picked up and I was left to stay with the Emganwini elders (Elders Miller and Sebako). Monday we went to Emganwini to email and I was last to go. When it was my turn their Branch President needed the computer (we were emailing at their meeting house). We then decided to go to town so I could email there and so Elder Miller could get his hairs cut. Upon getting to town we found out that it was a public holiday which means everything closes down early including internet cafes. So, after the hairs cut and some light shopping we returned to emganwini and guess what? No power. Ha Ha! That was when I started to worry about mom. Ha Ha! We ended up going home for the night because there was nothing we could do and then something happened. The Assistants called me. I answered and they said something like, "Elder Haltom, we have 5 new missionaries we were not planning for and you will train one of them. The zone leaders will pick you up and you will come to Harare tomorrow to pick up Elder Bohn." So I was picked up that night and slept at the zone leaders house. The next morning we left bright and early and traveled the 6 hours plus multiple stops and did not arrive until 1:00 or 2:00. So, still Tuesday, I had to go through training, meet my companion, go through more training, and finally eat at President's home. By the time we got to the transfer house to sleep it was too late to email. I was told I could email when I got back to Bulawayo the next day. The next morning while waiting for our transportation was when I sent you an email saying I would email later that day.
Well, on the way back to Bulawayo we made a couple stops for missionaries dropping before Blues. I would just like to include this cool story: While in Harare I got my package that had Sue's [mom's] conversion story and other things in it. On the trip to Blues I read the story. There were some names I recognized: the Newbold's (or something like that). I was told by missionaries that they stayed in KweKwe and that they probably new my old friend that would sit behind me in my Hooper ward. Well, on the trip we made a stop in KweKwe at a home owned by white people. They were standing outside and I greeted them and asked their names. They were the Newbold's. Since I had just read about Sue Francis I told them that I [had connections to them] and they told me to make sure that I told my mom to tell Sue they say, "Hello." This is a cool story not because I have been wanting to meet them ever since I heard about them, not because I have a connection to them, not because I just read about them and they were standing in front of me, but that Wednesday last week was their last day in Zimbabwe forever. They were going on a plane to somewhere in Europe and then to Arizona where they have family to stay forever. The Lord let me meet them before they left. POWERFUL moments!
So back to the story, we made our last stop in Gweru before Bulawayo and we were about an hour away from Blues when the tire on the trailer blew. Ha Ha! We were stuck on the side of the road for a couple hours and a long story short we piled the rest of the luggage in the bus, left the assistant driver with the trailer, went to Blues, it got too late so we dropped everyone at my house, so we had 6 missionaries in my home that night, and after all that I was told to just email on MOnday (today). So that is the story. Yay!
So Elder Bohn and I have had some wonderful experiences both in missionary labors and other things. We have investigators who are preparing very well and we are hoping the M family will be baptized this coming Sunday. I need to learn how to help my companion learn mission stuff and help with teaching skills. Everything is fantastic!...except for the Zone. The zone is dying a bit and they need some help. The work is slowing down (not with me or the zone leaders, but everyone else) and they could use some prayers offered in their behalf. Well, every thing is great and Elder Bohn and I are excited to get working!
I hope grandma and grandpa are doing better.
Yo! Did I miss anything? My hands hurt. I think I will end here. If you have anything else you want me to right about, or if you have any questions, or if I did not answer questions let me know. I love you all like nuts!
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a Disciple of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment