Monday, July 8, 2013

Finally With His Friend! - and He's a ZL

Date: February 18, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder DRAGON!

Dear Family,

The week was so great! We taught many people and found new souls. We are very excited for Brother V, his son M, Sister S, Brother L, and Brother P. They are all preparing themselves for baptism and confirmation. All of them have come the first Sunday we met them and they all have progressed in a short amount of time. They all have been prepared as it is prophesied in Alma 13:24 "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." Truly five "golden investigators" given to us in his divine grace and mercy. They are angels in my eyes. And glory be to the Father for them.

One blessing I received this week was to work with Elder mason and to feel of his spirit. We served together in Mutare and conducted exchanges there as well. It was a wonderful experience to see how much he has grown since our last serving around each other. Yo! He is a POWERFUL missionary and a grand ol' friend.

We have set apart Saturday morning to tracting and finding. Personally I am not fond of tracting, but we remember the promise of Elder Suarez when he said, "I promise you will find much success when you work closely to your center of strength." I may have paraphrased, but we have experienced this promise. This last Saturday we found three fathers and Brother Z has touched our hearts as we touched his. We ran into him at his home...literally...and he invited us in. We began sharing and he shared with us that he was SDA and that he had been unable to attend because of his job. We shared the Doctrine of Christ and testified to him that we had been lead to his home by the Spirit of the Lord and he shared with us after the invitation to be baptized, "I feel something when you share with me. You have touched my heart." He is eager to learn more and he wants us to share with his wife and those he lives with. We feel blessed of the Lord. He always reaches down lifts us up.
Well, I suppose those are the big things going on. I pray the Lord be with you and lift you through it all.

So with transfers I am staying in Nketa 2nd and Elder Allen has gone to Domboshava to be a Zone Leader ...................................................... oh and my companion is............da dada da da da.............ELDER DRAGON! Ha Ha! About time, neh? I am so stoked right now. He will be coming around 8:00pm tonight. Our prayers have been answered. I actually told him in my last email that he is coming to be with me...I actually right that in every email, but hey, I was right this time. I must be a prophet! [haha!]

Oh, so I got a hold of this [talk an Elder did about] Witchcraft and it is amazing. This guy has done firesides in like the 80's and I am not even sure if he is still alive, but the talk has opened up my eyes. After listening to the talk I am never going to listen to the Beatles again. Oh yeah, we should not play Monopoly anymore. I am going to burn my Monopoly game, Risk, and D&D books when I get home. Crazy stuff. Crazy stuff.

I will definitely keep grandpa and grandma in my prayers. I hope everything works out for them.

I am glad the temple trip was a success. Temple is heaven on earth next to the home. Is our home heaven on earth? What can we do to make it that way? Can you do me a favor? Can you find my D&D books and burn them? Do not throw them away. Do not give them away. Destroy them. They should be in my room. Maybe in my dresser. Those things are evil. I have invited evil into our home and they need to be burned. Will you do that for me?

Sorry, I was side tracked. I am looking forward to going to the temple when I am home.

As for the soccer game, all I can say is "Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye shall forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemed before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." (D&C 64:9-10). You also talked about them doing it to Jordan. I read a section in the Doctrine and Covenants this morning that may help: D&C 98:23-48. The answer is to bear with patience and forgive. Seek no revenge. Be a disciple of Christ. It mattereth not what the children of men think of us or our children, it matters what God thinks of us.

I love you and thank you for all you do. I am highly favored of the Lord to know you and feel of your spirits. May the Lord bless and guide you to the tree of life, which is the love of God, which is Christ.

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment