Area: Zimbabwe, Gweru Mambo
Companion: Elder Marz
Mom! Jordan! Rachel! KiKi! Whoever Else!
Our week was wonderful! It was better in some areas and not in others. We focused more on investigators this week which caused a small drop in over all lessons, but increased our investigator or member present lessons. The daytime parts of the week we were having no success, so we will be working on that for the upcoming week. We were still able to find a lot this week, but they were not as prepared for our message. We had a lady try to bash with our testimonies and she was even denying the scriptures we read (even from the Bible) and that was a mess. Although there is a cool story attached with that. The lady was a referral from the sister who is a recent convert, Sister C. (I have told you of C before). Sister C had been working on her sister and wanted us to share. She is not quite ready yet. Her sister after having a lesson with us went to her and started bashing her once again. Telling her her faith is wrong. She even brought Sister C to their cousin who is a prophet in another church who also bashed her. he told her the Bible says you cannot serve God and Mammon. For some reason everyone thinks Mammon is Mormon. The thing I love about Sister C is that she just smiles and moves on. She does not bash back, but says simply, "I know my church is true." She is an example to me. She is hit on all sides: Husband trying to take her from the church and from her kids, no food and no job, no religious support from family and is attacked for her beliefs and yet she smiles through it all. If I did not know about her situation I would have thought she was a happy member with no problems whatsoever. We should strive to be like sister C. It seems everyone is sick these days. Members and missionaries. One of our investigators, Sister T, is suffering from an illness. She has a lot of abdominal pain and other things. We gave her a blessing
on Sunday and her and her husband will go to the doctor today. I request for a prayer in her behalf. The couple is also starting to experience some friction from her family on marriage, so that is the next obstacle with them. Most everything else is basic missionary work. We are working with a lot of people. I wish i had the time to tell you everything about these wonderful souls I work with. I love this are and the people here. I also love serving with Elder Marz. He is a funny kid. I want him to teach me to play his ukulele. Everything is going very well except for small details with investigators.
Hey, I want a ukulele. Do you know anything about getting a nice one or at least a decent one?
I am well and my throat is a lot better. You can tell my cat that I say hello back!
Well now, look who is doing missionary work for our kindred dead. POWERFUL job my dear mother. Save some for me though. Um...how much of our work has been done? I am planning on doing genealogy back to Adam and i am going to need your help to do it.
I will keep Rachel in my prayers.
I love you.
Thank you once again. May God guide you. May you feel feel his love everyday as i do, is my prayer.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Our week was wonderful! It was better in some areas and not in others. We focused more on investigators this week which caused a small drop in over all lessons, but increased our investigator or member present lessons. The daytime parts of the week we were having no success, so we will be working on that for the upcoming week. We were still able to find a lot this week, but they were not as prepared for our message. We had a lady try to bash with our testimonies and she was even denying the scriptures we read (even from the Bible) and that was a mess. Although there is a cool story attached with that. The lady was a referral from the sister who is a recent convert, Sister C. (I have told you of C before). Sister C had been working on her sister and wanted us to share. She is not quite ready yet. Her sister after having a lesson with us went to her and started bashing her once again. Telling her her faith is wrong. She even brought Sister C to their cousin who is a prophet in another church who also bashed her. he told her the Bible says you cannot serve God and Mammon. For some reason everyone thinks Mammon is Mormon. The thing I love about Sister C is that she just smiles and moves on. She does not bash back, but says simply, "I know my church is true." She is an example to me. She is hit on all sides: Husband trying to take her from the church and from her kids, no food and no job, no religious support from family and is attacked for her beliefs and yet she smiles through it all. If I did not know about her situation I would have thought she was a happy member with no problems whatsoever. We should strive to be like sister C. It seems everyone is sick these days. Members and missionaries. One of our investigators, Sister T, is suffering from an illness. She has a lot of abdominal pain and other things. We gave her a blessing
on Sunday and her and her husband will go to the doctor today. I request for a prayer in her behalf. The couple is also starting to experience some friction from her family on marriage, so that is the next obstacle with them. Most everything else is basic missionary work. We are working with a lot of people. I wish i had the time to tell you everything about these wonderful souls I work with. I love this are and the people here. I also love serving with Elder Marz. He is a funny kid. I want him to teach me to play his ukulele. Everything is going very well except for small details with investigators.
Hey, I want a ukulele. Do you know anything about getting a nice one or at least a decent one?
I am well and my throat is a lot better. You can tell my cat that I say hello back!
Well now, look who is doing missionary work for our kindred dead. POWERFUL job my dear mother. Save some for me though. Um...how much of our work has been done? I am planning on doing genealogy back to Adam and i am going to need your help to do it.
I will keep Rachel in my prayers.
I love you.
Thank you once again. May God guide you. May you feel feel his love everyday as i do, is my prayer.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:
Post a Comment