Monday, July 8, 2013

Mid January in Bluz

Date: January 13, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Allen

Dear Amandla Acweleyo Family,

I actually have had a wonderful week. It has been very difficult for me to wake up at 5:30. My alarm goes off, but I turn it off, tell myself I can lay down for a couple minutes, and then it is 6:30. If I do not wake up I do not exercise. Journal...I just completely forget about it. I think I only think about it when I email. 

Well, this week was POWERFUL like nuts! One blessing we were able to have is that we gave service this week, planned service. In the white handbook it talks about how we should plan services every week, but I have honestly never done it. We always do unplanned acts of service, but we made it a goal as companions to plan services and ask for service opportunities. We worked in two gardens this week and was very enjoyable. The members and the people we serve treat us better than before now. Service has a wonderful way of bringing out the love of Christ. 

We have slacked a bit in finding fathers. When my companion first came we worked hard to get babas, but I think after collecting a few in our teaching pool we have relaxed. Families are truly important to this gospel. We must search for families. I think every time someone POWERFUL stopped progressing was that he had no support from family and friends. If we look for families they will be able to help support one another. 

We received some POWERFUL referrals this week. There have been some individuals who are truly thirsting for knowledge. We were referred to a young man who is asking the same questions as Joseph Smith. He asked why are there so many churches and if one is right, which one is it?" I have been thinking about how sometimes we think that we have a lot of amazing investigators so we do not focus on finding more. when those investigator are baptized or do not progress all of a sudden you have no one to teach because you spent your whole time with those you already had. We should always be searching and finding those who are thirsty for this gospel. 

Well that was are week. I do hope the Lord is blessing you in what you do. Thank you.

Yo! Grandma has a lot of health issues. I hope everything will work out. Of course I will pray for them. The word of God edifieth and I pray that when I speak to them that I may lift them and not bring them low. They have already been brought low. It is time to lift them up. That is one of my favorite lines from the Restoration movie were Joseph Smith tells the man, "sometimes the Lord brings us low before he lifts us up." 

Yo! So you have been blessed with a lot of snow. I wonder if it will be weird to me to experience snow again. It was not weird when there was not snow, so it probably will not be weird when I see the snow home, right? 

Ha Ha! Jordan is almost 12. That is POWERFUL like nuts! I am also glad that he will be receiving the priesthood. Have you gone over his duties as an Aaronic Priesthood holder? Does he know what he is supposed to do as a deacon? 

Thank you for the package. No camera yet.

I do apologize. I think this email is a bit smaller than usual. It was difficult for me to write this week. I just was not feeling it, you know? I love you all so much. You are all so grand and POWERFUL like nuts! 

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment