Monday, July 8, 2013

First Week in Mambo

Date: May 20, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Gweru Mambo 
Companion: Elder Marz

My Dear Family People,

Wow, what a week. Ha Ha! I spent a whole, well not even WHOLE, two
days in my area. My companion has not felt well. Let me go through the
week and explain:
Monday- I arrived in Gweru and i was picked up by my companion and
Elder Bradshaw. We dropped our things at home and went back to town to
email. During emailing Elder Marz kept pausing, rubbing his head,
letting out air, and was obviously in pain. We quickly shopped, went
home, and he spent the rest of the day in bed. He was complaining of a
major headache.
Tuesday- Elder Marz forced himself to go to district meeting, but he
laid down in another room during the meeting. Afterward we went home
and spent the rest of the day there. I did a complete clean down/
rearrange of the kitchen (it was disgusting!) and a whole lot of
studing.
Wednesday- Sister Reynolds (nurse)  ...gave medication. We again 
spent the rest of the day home. I had a lot of study time.
Thursday- Another day of study for me. Lets just say that I have about
half of Jesus the Christ to read and I will be finished with the
"Missionary Library." My companion was looking better by the end of
the day.
Friday- Elder Marz felt well enough to go out. Well, the bikes were in
disrepear and we went to fix them. By the time the bikes were fixed it
was close to lunch. We also had a plumming problems so we had a
plummer come which took the remainder of the time for lunch. We then
went to lunch and found out that after we ordered rice they did not
have rice so they left and when they got the rice a lot of time had
already elapsed. Lets just say that everything took a long time. Now,
after a long lunch we stopped home and found our house flooded. Yay!
We moved everything that got damaged to a safe place. The house had no
mop so we went to town to buy a mop to clean the mess. When we got
back I needed to meet with the Mkoba 1 elders to interview their
baptismal candidate. We arrived home after that and when we finally
finished cleanning it was around 7:30pm. Yo! Nothing was working that
day.
Saturday- finally made it to the area today. First, we tracted into a
family that knew the "latter-day saints." It was a good lesson. I have
found I need to help Elder Marz with teaching. Finally got back to the
area and taught a few recent converts and a investigator. Visited a
few members as well.
Sunday- The best proselyting day! Had a wonderful church service,
taught a good amount of lessons, and my companion is finally feeling
better! Yo! Rough week but things are looking to be better.

I am well and catching up in my journal. I did find out about
President Monson and have already offered a prayer for him.

From the small bit I have seen of my area it is nice. I do not know if
I will see where Sue is from. I am sure her house is in a white people
area and the only way I can visit a white people area is on a P-Day
and those days are busy days. I also do not know where her sister will
be. Can you find out an exact location where i can find the sister?

I have already learned much about Elder Marz and his last companion.
He is the reason I was transfered to this area. You can tell his mom
she prayed me right out of Blues! (haha) It is okay though. I am needed here.
I know I have been sent for Elder Marz.

*tear* my syblings are growing up. I was sad about leaving (Blues), but
nothing to spend time worrying or crying about. I am sorry if I made
it sound that way.

I hope grandma starts feeling better. They need to come to church!

Does that kid still want to start a soccer team?

No packages and I do not know the Guveya's. Thank you for letting me
know that Previous got the letter.

I will get photos of my shoes. Remind me next week because i WILL forget.

6-(transfer 3) thru 9-(transfer 6) were the only files I sent? Can you
tell me all the files I have ever sent. I have photos saved under
missionaries I have taken pictures from and I need to know the
missionaries I have sent as well.

I love you all! ...like nuts!

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Eler TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment