Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo Nketa
Companion: Elder Bohn
Hallo!
Well, this week was difficult. Ha Ha! Mostly in our finding. We devoted a lot of time to finding this week and we either found no one or we found people who completely rejected our message. People have rejected the message I have shared before, but this week was the worst one for me in rejection terms. I testified against one lady this week, it was out of frustration though which is not good. I was a bit sick of the veil of unbelief this week. We will always have our agency. This week has helped me to be more patient with people. I cannot force anyone to believe my words I can only testify as the Savior would. Although I wish to one day have the faith as Nephi when "he had great power than they, for it were not possible that they could disbelieve his words, for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did administer unto him daily" (3 Nephi 7:18).
To be honest, everything was going against us this week. One of our most committed investigators we found out that he most likely will not be allowed to be baptized, another investigator we found was so excited for us to come and the fist thing he told us is that he wanted to join was told by his family to not allow us into the home, all the rejection, people not being there for appointment (this always happens, but this was more than normal), Sister L was unable to let us visit because of her parents this week, etc. Yo! Ha Ha! The only cure for that is to smile, look to the Savior, and press forward. The Spirit lifted me this week. As I now look back at the week I fell sorrow for what has happened, but as I went through it I only felt the joy that comes from serving the Lord. Truly speaking, only the M's are progressing well. They will be baptized. Even with all of this tribulation I feel as Paul and Joseph Smith in saying I glory in tribulation (Romans 5:3 and D&C 127:2). Ha Ha! This is the work of the Lord and I love it.
I am well. The week, as you read, was not so great. I have not wrote once in my journal this week. I am once again behind.
When you test called my companion answered. He thought you were a sister missionary because you sounded American. He said that it sounded clear when you called. 4:00 should work for Sunday.
That is POWERFUL about teaching primary. It seems you now know how I feel when children follow me all the time, except mine always shout, "Makiwa! Kiwa!..."
What a blessing Jordan has of serving to do fast offerings. The more he puts into it the more the blessings will flow if he does it with a willing heart. I hope he continues to get the longest route. He and the family need those blessings.
Eish! Rachel's hair was so curly! The curls made her hair super short!
I have not received an email from McKenna yet, but I hope I do.
As for your broke stuff i have a scripture: "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself." (3 Nephi 17:31-34, also in Matthew 6). All things are in the Lord's hands. Like you said, if I am to come home early, not, or stay longer it is his will. Also, do not worry about being broke or not, the Lord is mindful of these things. Seek the Lord first and he will give. I have a lot of time and the visa stuff should be taken care of. We can figure stuff out when the time comes. As far as I know my visa goes to July.
I am excited to talk to you as well on Sunday. I probably will not have much to say, so you can come up with the questions. I like answering questions anyway. Ha Ha!
Thank you for acquiring those take5's. The only thing I can ask for more of is more take5's. Ha Ha! Just joking. I cannot think of anything now.
I love you all so much.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST,
Elder TOM
Well, this week was difficult. Ha Ha! Mostly in our finding. We devoted a lot of time to finding this week and we either found no one or we found people who completely rejected our message. People have rejected the message I have shared before, but this week was the worst one for me in rejection terms. I testified against one lady this week, it was out of frustration though which is not good. I was a bit sick of the veil of unbelief this week. We will always have our agency. This week has helped me to be more patient with people. I cannot force anyone to believe my words I can only testify as the Savior would. Although I wish to one day have the faith as Nephi when "he had great power than they, for it were not possible that they could disbelieve his words, for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did administer unto him daily" (3 Nephi 7:18).
To be honest, everything was going against us this week. One of our most committed investigators we found out that he most likely will not be allowed to be baptized, another investigator we found was so excited for us to come and the fist thing he told us is that he wanted to join was told by his family to not allow us into the home, all the rejection, people not being there for appointment (this always happens, but this was more than normal), Sister L was unable to let us visit because of her parents this week, etc. Yo! Ha Ha! The only cure for that is to smile, look to the Savior, and press forward. The Spirit lifted me this week. As I now look back at the week I fell sorrow for what has happened, but as I went through it I only felt the joy that comes from serving the Lord. Truly speaking, only the M's are progressing well. They will be baptized. Even with all of this tribulation I feel as Paul and Joseph Smith in saying I glory in tribulation (Romans 5:3 and D&C 127:2). Ha Ha! This is the work of the Lord and I love it.
I am well. The week, as you read, was not so great. I have not wrote once in my journal this week. I am once again behind.
When you test called my companion answered. He thought you were a sister missionary because you sounded American. He said that it sounded clear when you called. 4:00 should work for Sunday.
That is POWERFUL about teaching primary. It seems you now know how I feel when children follow me all the time, except mine always shout, "Makiwa! Kiwa!..."
What a blessing Jordan has of serving to do fast offerings. The more he puts into it the more the blessings will flow if he does it with a willing heart. I hope he continues to get the longest route. He and the family need those blessings.
Eish! Rachel's hair was so curly! The curls made her hair super short!
I have not received an email from McKenna yet, but I hope I do.
As for your broke stuff i have a scripture: "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself." (3 Nephi 17:31-34, also in Matthew 6). All things are in the Lord's hands. Like you said, if I am to come home early, not, or stay longer it is his will. Also, do not worry about being broke or not, the Lord is mindful of these things. Seek the Lord first and he will give. I have a lot of time and the visa stuff should be taken care of. We can figure stuff out when the time comes. As far as I know my visa goes to July.
I am excited to talk to you as well on Sunday. I probably will not have much to say, so you can come up with the questions. I like answering questions anyway. Ha Ha!
Thank you for acquiring those take5's. The only thing I can ask for more of is more take5's. Ha Ha! Just joking. I cannot think of anything now.
I love you all so much.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST,
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment