Monday, July 8, 2013

Baptisms, Work, and The Last Days

Date: April 22, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo Nketa 
Companion: Elder Bohn

Dear Mommy, J-Man, Silly Girl, and Grandparents o mine,

The week went very well. We have had a lot of fall-throughs and we could have done better, but that is why we want to work very hard to find those who are ready for this gospel. If we can increase the quality of our finding we will increase everything there has to do with missionary work. Ha Ha! To be honest I am not used to this faster pace work. Elder Bohn moves a lot faster than what was happening last transfer and I love it. He is helping me to push and move again. I forgot how wonderful it was to come home completely worn out. I think it is a sign that I am getting old. Ha Ha! I love Elder Bohn's spirit. I hope I get this opportunity again after I am finished with Elder Bohn.

The M's were baptized! Yebo! This Sunday was a wonderful one. Elder Bohn gave a beautiful talk on the creation in Sacrament meeting and we ended the service with Sister M , Ma, and D entering the waters of baptism. E and A will be baptized mid-may. E wanted more time and A turns 8 on 9 May. All we need is to get the Baba. I believe he lives in Harare though. It was a wonderful experience and what made it more wonderful was when we asked Brother Me (recent convert) to perform the baptism. I expected him to say something like, "Ah man, I am still new. I cannot do that," but he actually said, "Well, it is my duty, right?" He did a POWERFUL job. Mom had to go in a couple of times, but it was a grand job! (this is what I love about Jake, he does not want the glory. He does not count baptisms and he always asks if a local wants to do the baptism rather than him doing it)

We found two amazing investigators this week, but one does not stay in our area and the other will be leaving for school soon. Oh well, we just need to keep search and hopefully we will find those ready for the gospel in our area. We also have a few investigators who want to be baptized and do not come to church and we have investigators who do not want to be baptized but come to church. Ha Ha! Yo! If only I could command and they would follow. I love agency, but it is so difficult to deal with when it is someone else's agency.

Well, I am not sure what else to say. It was a wonderful week and i look forward to this week. Especially because of our Zone Conference with Elder C. Scott Grow and General Conference on Saturday and Sunday.

You will definitely be in my prayers. Your wish is my command. Ha Ha!

With the help of an amazing missionary the viruses were taken care of (on his flash drives). All is well once again. If you could send a stylish slim/small 16GB flashdrive that would be cool. It would probably be expensive though. I do not know. I have like 6 flashdrives and they are all 4GB and it is hard to fit everything on them. If you could send a 16GB that would make my life easier. Even an 8GB if the 16GB is too big. I am not too sure what I could do with your laptop but I can enlist a number of friends to help out with that. I actually was thinking about getting a laptop when I come home and I also wish to have an Ipod Touch. I am into apple though. Could you find out prices for a Mac Airbook and the Ipod Touch (either 3rd or 4th generation)?

I am glad grandma and grandpa are well. I received there letter last week and plan on sending my return letter tomorrow or Wednesday.

Eish! Yes, we are experiencing the signs of the times. Yo! I heard a little bit about the stuff (bombings, explosion, floods, earthquakes this past week), but not too much. I joy that the Lord is drawing near, but I mourn what must come before hand. I pray we will be yet ready for what will come upon us. The signs are given for a reason. So the righteous may know and be prepared to welcome the Master.

I hope everything turns out well with Jordan. Let me know if what i wrote [to him] helps or not. I tried helping out the last two times, but I guess they were fails. It is so difficult for me to help when all I can do is type on the computer. I pray for him, all of you for that matter, but that is the extent of what I can do. I wonder if this is how our family members on the other side of the veil feel. They are so close to us, but there is such a large distance as well. If you know what i mean.

I tried sending Syd a short email, but she did not email back. Can you try getting a hold of her email. I just want to send a short message.

I received one email from Chandler a long time ago and that was it, so no, I do not really hear from him.

Mother's Day will be by phone. I will call you because I can afford it. The number of my phone is ###. Could you try to figure out how I am supposed to call you. I am sure they will tell me, but I want to make sure. So if you could find out how someone in Zimbabwe is supposed to call someone in States by his cell phone. Also, what is your number again?

Thank you for everything. I love you like nuts!

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment