Monday, July 8, 2013

End of April

Date: April 29, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo Nketa 
Companion: Elder Bohn

Oh my Dear Family People,

The week was fantastic! The training program is going very well except that Elder Boh and I were pulled away from companion study this week. From district meeting, zone conference, morning service, general conference, etc. we were unable to do everything together so we have to play a bit of catch up this coming week. Otherwise we are really enjoying. We are having a lot of spiritual and exciting experience. The only problem is that every Powerful person we find does not live in our area. Our biggest struggle is to find people in OUR area. Elder Bohn is learning well. He still have quite a bit to learn, but we are getting there.

Well, one blessing I received this week was the visit from a general authority, Elder C. Scott Grow. His message of goal setting, planning, and working with ward council and members has inspired me to be better. I need to set more faithful goals and do all within my power to achieve them. I thought I was doing so, but Elder Grow's lesson opened my eyes and I have realized I have some room for improvement...a lot of improvement. I think the most difficult part of this mission is that we teach so many people it becomes very difficult to plan and set goals for ALL of them. It is just part of working smart and diligent.

The M's are doing very well. The whole family came for all of conference (more than what long-time members were doing). Their spirit is wonderful and we had a POWERFUL experience with them. We taught the family about prayer and we had everyone at the end of the lesson offer a pray to the Father after the manner that we taught. Even the missionaries joined in prayer. With each prayer the room got thicker and thicker with the spirit. It was amazing.

I will share about two more people who have been a miracle to us. The first is Brother Mr. Brother mr is the landlord to an investigator we are teaching. He just happened to be there as we came for a visit. He stepped outside when we came, but upon leaving we found him waiting outside. We approached him, gave him a pamphlet with our number on it, and invited him for church. The next day we received a message that a Mr (we did not recognize the name at the time) had lost his wife, or she ran away from him, and was requesting our aid. We set an appointment for Friday and when we arrived we discovered it was the landlord we met two days ago. We taught him of faith and calling on God through prayer for divine aid. He loved our message so much that he came to general conference the next day and Sunday. Not only that but he was the first one to come to the chapel on Saturday. The only down side to the story for us was that he was returning to his rural home on Tuesday so we gave him a Book of Mormon and he was off. At least we planted a seed.

The next miracle was brother B. Brother B is a cousin to the V family. We tried teaching him before, but he seemed uninterested. In the past 2-3 weeks he came with the family to church. He came up to us this week and told us, "I want to be baptized." We were more than happy to set an appointment and work with him. Unfortunately he will leave for school before we can prepare him for baptism, but we will prepare him to know everything, give him all the materials, and whatever else so that when he returns home from school he will be ready to be baptized. At the end of our lesson with him on Sunday he offered one of the most beautiful prayers I have heard. He has been prepared of the Lord.

To end, I absolutely loved General Conference. Yo! The messages seemed far to short and the conference ended too quickly. I mostly picked up messages concerning the family and moral agency. As missionaries we must help the children of God build and strengthening the attacked family and help them resist temptation by their moral agency. Let us put forth the words of the prophets and share the message with the world is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ and so shall it be, or Amen.

Everything is going well. The weather is good. Only very cold in the night and morning. I finally caught up in journal writing.

Yo! So McKenna is finally going out to the field? Does she report this Wednesday? If you could get a hold of her address that would be great. Do you know if she was planning on writing back? You said she got my letter, right?

Thank you for letting me know about Sister Previous and Sister Domboka. I already found out and called the family. Pray for Yolanda and Wilard. Both of their parents are gone now.

 I love you all! Thank you for everything. You are amazing to me.

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST,
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment