Monday, July 8, 2013

February = paintball!

Date: February 11, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder Allen

Elder Haltom is far right, front row
Dear Family,

Transfers next week. I hope I am still in Bulawayo! But not my will be done.

We have had our good times and hard times this week. A lot of excitement and also disappointments, but that is missionary work. Sister S has been a bright beam this week...literally. She was a referral and I did not think she was serious at all when we first meet her. She has made friends with a recent convert she lives close to. She has come to church two weeks in a row now. But the most noticing factor I have seen is the light she seems to have now. When we first met her she seemed like a punk, but she now seems innocent and more happy. It is amazing to me the effects of the spirit.
The disappointments we have had this week have been our fathers. Our most POWERFUL ones have shared with us they do not want to leave there churches. They were very kind, but it riped out our hearts. We really felt that we had found amazing families to build the kingdom. We hope to salvage what we can, but that was a hard blow for us this week.
Brother V and his son have been a source of hope for us. They have come to church for the second time and have been welcomed by the members. They have received answers and are preparing for their baptism. Brother v has been the only amazing father we are teaching and his humility and kindness astounds me. He is a light to us and has been a great blessing in this work. I pray the Lord to be with this family. I also pray we may be able to bring more fathers like Brother Vundla to the gospel light.
The last miracle and joy I would like to mention is Brother L who is much like Sister S. I did not think he was serious at all as we have taught him, but he is keeping all the commitments. I have also seen a slight change in him. We found him while looking for his less-active family members. He is a POWERFUL kid.
The work of the Lord is moving forward and I love this gospel. I hope we have all felt its light in our hearts.

I am joyed that Grandma and Grandpa have actually received some good news. Hopefully things will work out more for them.

I hope Syd gets her call soon. I received her dearElder. I also hope to respond to it this week.

Elder Nellesen got his twinkie, but where is mine. Can you send me a twinkie. I thought you said you sent one to me, but I never got one. Can you also send a Take 5 candy bar. I do not really know what you can send. I can never think of anything.

The house thing sounds good. Whatever works.

I love you all so very much. Once again, thank you for your support and love. You are POWERFUL to me. "Compared to God we are nothing, but to God we are everything to Him." The soul is the most precious thing on this earth, should we not strive to obtain and save it?

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST,
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment