Monday, July 8, 2013

End of March

Date: March 25, 2013 
Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa 
Companion: Elder DRAGON!


This week was wonderful and stressful. Ha Ha! I am finding more joy in the race, but I am finding I have to run faster and a longer distance.

As for the area we are experiencing some miracles. We struggled again with fathers and our member presents are still very low compared to what we normally dish out, but the Lord has blessed us in our finding efforts. We have the D family (gogo and children) who all wish to be baptized now. Gogo is going to need some help quitting smoking though. We plan on really helping her with her addiction this week.

Another blessing we received was the M family. Two Sundays ago a boy by the name of De came with his little brother to church. I recognized that he was new and spoke to him. He said he just felt like visiting to day so he came. We set an appointment to see him on Wednesday with his family. We arrived at the appointment and found De with his Mom, two older brothers, and the young brother he came with. They are Catholic, but for some reason we did not find out they stopped attending. Mom was asking us what she needed to do to join the church. We answered all of their questions and on the return appointment we taught the Restoration. They loved it and even came to church on Sunday.

Another cool story was when we first arrived at the chapel Sunday morning. A mama was sitting in the chapel and after we dropped off our bags she called us over and said she would like to speak to us. I did not get her whole story, but she spoke about how she was looking for a church. She prayed to God to show her where she needed to go. She saw our church and decided that was an answer to her prayer. So she showed up yesterday (Sunday) and so we arranged for some members to show her around and we set an appointment to teach her. We hope she is POWERFUL!

Well, those are some bigger happenings of the week. Next week should be much better!

Thank you for burning those books for me. (his D&D books)

Oh, I also wanted to let you know that you have not offended me. Trust me, I think it will be hard to offend me, especially when I know I have such an amazing mother that cares for me so much.

It seems the adversary was working on both of us this week, well, when is he not going to work on us? I do have a suggestion about the home though. You should fast and pray together and bless the home. Has our home ever been dedicated? You should look into that.

It was good for you to go to church missing one Sunday for being sick is not good, but it is understandable. Missing a second time though should not happen unless you are on the death bed/bedrest. It does not matter if people are looking at you. Are you there for them or for Father in Heaven? Well, you should be there for Father. He does not mind if you sneeze.

Tell Sydney that I say hello! I hope to write her this week. Maybe even tonight. Give her some love from the TOM family. Also, can you get her address for me?

Oh, there is a book that is called: Missionary's little Quote Book. I would like to add that to my collection of books you are getting.

Thank you for letting me know about the letter from grandma and grandpa.

Oh, HAPPY EASTER BY THE WAY!

I have heard of the Tender Mercies talk before, but if you would like to send it I would love to read it.

Thank you for organizing the package for me. I have not yet received the Lecture on Faith package.

Well, I am out of words. I love you and thank you for everything. I hope all is well that side. I feel the light coming forth on mine. We should be receiving transfers this coming Saturday. I might have a new companion next time we talk. I love you like nuts!

Keep the Faith

L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:

Post a Comment