Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder DRAGON!
(From Elder Haltom's mom: there are pre-elections being held in Zim this week, and it is not safe. Please keep Jake, all the missionaries, and the Zim people in your prayers this week. Thanks)
Dear Family People,
The week was amazing. We have had some progress in some struggling areas. Elder Dragon has found out some more news on his knee. The area doctor is having elder dragon try using some medication for a week to see if it will help. We are hoping this will help him move forward a bit better. Also, we have officially established Nketa 9 days in one spot. I mean by that that through the week we alternate working in Nketa 7 and Nketa 9 (switching every other day). For our Nketa 9 days we only work in the area next to our chapel. It helps us focus on our center of strength and it means that my companion does not have to walk all over the place.
Another step forward is that we found a lot of people this week. We have some new potentials that we hope will come to the light of the gospel. The Lord is placing people in our path. We want to spend a lot of time finding and we know that the Lord is preparing souls for us. But at the same time we need to help these we are finding and honestly we have been slacking with less-actives. We should not neglect them while we are searching for new souls.
A POWERFUL experience we had was with one of the new families we have found. We tracted into Sister Si on Wednesday and shared with her. We found out that she is family friends with the V's (recent converts just baptized). We shared with her and we set a time were we could met her and her husband on Saturday. When we came for the appointment we found them both and the father started dominating our lesson! Yo! He would not be quiet and honestly there was a bit of contention between him and the wife. I do not know when or where in the lesson, but we started asking questions concerning one truth and way of doing things. The two them quieted down a little bit. We gradually lead them to the restoration making them thirsty for the water we had. As we began testifying of the Restoration they were both quiet, not a word spoken by them. The spirit was present and I know they felt it. We are excited for our return appointment with them to see if they have prayed about what we shared.
Another cool and sad experience this week was with a sister T. I have taught T before and we dropped her because she was not serious and she was very apostate. She is a cousin to a member and lives almost next door to him. One day he brought her over and said, "When are you going to have an appointment with T?" I asked her if she really wanted to this time and she said yes. We set a time and went to the appointment. I admit in the lesson I was bias, especially because she is still apostate, but on a second visit she shared with us she does not like her life and she is just not happy. "Wickedness never was happiness!" She has gotten involved in some not so good things and she wants out. She is afraid she is going to "backslide" and her mom is not helping her, but as we last taught her she was almost in tears. I feel like she really wants to repent this time. We are hoping we can help her out, but we will see how it goes.
Otherwise, the week is great and am looking forward to this one. Brother M is progressing wonderfully. He is a referral from Mm (just baptized) and he is another "Golden Investigator." All-in-all things are great!
First, It is wonderful to hear that all the skin cancer was taken out. How is grandpa doing?
Second, of course Jordan did POWERFUL. He is my brother after all. Do you think you can give me an outline of his talk. I would like to know what he spoke about. If you can just give me a short paraphrased paragraph that is okay.
Third, I hope grandma continues feeling better. Keep it up Gogo!
Just let me know when they send out their letter to me.
Thank you for sending those items for me.
Ha Ha! So you see Elder Dragon and I as Alma and Amulek. Thank you. I wish I could be like unto those two men. I have a long way to go before I will be like them. Although, my missionary hero is Ammon. Cough, cough, hint, hint. Alma and Amulek just are not my style you know? Honestly, it is true though. Alma and Amulek were more focused on less-actives which is good. They also teach with a bit of fire as well which I do not do so much. There are a lot of reasons why I love Ammon though. He was all about serving, he showed love like nuts, those he taught never fell away from the gospel, he experienced joy to exceed his strength, and many more things. I am not sure why I went off talking about him, but yeah...he is my missionary hero.
Send me pictures of the burning of the books!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!
I love you all! CHEERS!
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
Dear Family People,
The week was amazing. We have had some progress in some struggling areas. Elder Dragon has found out some more news on his knee. The area doctor is having elder dragon try using some medication for a week to see if it will help. We are hoping this will help him move forward a bit better. Also, we have officially established Nketa 9 days in one spot. I mean by that that through the week we alternate working in Nketa 7 and Nketa 9 (switching every other day). For our Nketa 9 days we only work in the area next to our chapel. It helps us focus on our center of strength and it means that my companion does not have to walk all over the place.
Another step forward is that we found a lot of people this week. We have some new potentials that we hope will come to the light of the gospel. The Lord is placing people in our path. We want to spend a lot of time finding and we know that the Lord is preparing souls for us. But at the same time we need to help these we are finding and honestly we have been slacking with less-actives. We should not neglect them while we are searching for new souls.
A POWERFUL experience we had was with one of the new families we have found. We tracted into Sister Si on Wednesday and shared with her. We found out that she is family friends with the V's (recent converts just baptized). We shared with her and we set a time were we could met her and her husband on Saturday. When we came for the appointment we found them both and the father started dominating our lesson! Yo! He would not be quiet and honestly there was a bit of contention between him and the wife. I do not know when or where in the lesson, but we started asking questions concerning one truth and way of doing things. The two them quieted down a little bit. We gradually lead them to the restoration making them thirsty for the water we had. As we began testifying of the Restoration they were both quiet, not a word spoken by them. The spirit was present and I know they felt it. We are excited for our return appointment with them to see if they have prayed about what we shared.
Another cool and sad experience this week was with a sister T. I have taught T before and we dropped her because she was not serious and she was very apostate. She is a cousin to a member and lives almost next door to him. One day he brought her over and said, "When are you going to have an appointment with T?" I asked her if she really wanted to this time and she said yes. We set a time and went to the appointment. I admit in the lesson I was bias, especially because she is still apostate, but on a second visit she shared with us she does not like her life and she is just not happy. "Wickedness never was happiness!" She has gotten involved in some not so good things and she wants out. She is afraid she is going to "backslide" and her mom is not helping her, but as we last taught her she was almost in tears. I feel like she really wants to repent this time. We are hoping we can help her out, but we will see how it goes.
Otherwise, the week is great and am looking forward to this one. Brother M is progressing wonderfully. He is a referral from Mm (just baptized) and he is another "Golden Investigator." All-in-all things are great!
First, It is wonderful to hear that all the skin cancer was taken out. How is grandpa doing?
Second, of course Jordan did POWERFUL. He is my brother after all. Do you think you can give me an outline of his talk. I would like to know what he spoke about. If you can just give me a short paraphrased paragraph that is okay.
Third, I hope grandma continues feeling better. Keep it up Gogo!
Just let me know when they send out their letter to me.
Thank you for sending those items for me.
Ha Ha! So you see Elder Dragon and I as Alma and Amulek. Thank you. I wish I could be like unto those two men. I have a long way to go before I will be like them. Although, my missionary hero is Ammon. Cough, cough, hint, hint. Alma and Amulek just are not my style you know? Honestly, it is true though. Alma and Amulek were more focused on less-actives which is good. They also teach with a bit of fire as well which I do not do so much. There are a lot of reasons why I love Ammon though. He was all about serving, he showed love like nuts, those he taught never fell away from the gospel, he experienced joy to exceed his strength, and many more things. I am not sure why I went off talking about him, but yeah...he is my missionary hero.
Send me pictures of the burning of the books!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!
I love you all! CHEERS!
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM

No comments:
Post a Comment