Area: Zimbabwe, Bulawayo/Nketa
Companion: Elder DRAGON!
| They bought dresses and then burned them, for the 18 month anniversary. They are real missionaries now, not Sisters! haha |
Ha Ha! Once again, I have had a wonderful week, but darkness always fights against the light. I had some more challenges to work with this week. One large challenge is our teaching pool. We are down to 3 people who are accepting the gospel. We have dropped many people and we have not been finding too many this week. Our main goal this week is to find many people so that we can build our pool again. We talked about some finding activities we can do and we will plan even more during the week, but that is the big problem now. We are running on empty, if you know what I mean.
Another challenge I face is that I do not know how to help my companion. The big goal is to help him push for the final 6 months. To be honest there are a lot of things I am working on. 1. I have to find ways to ease the pain my companion endures (he has an injury to his knee). 2. I have to encourage him so he does not get down. Not to mention I have an area with no teaching pool and a district to work out as well. I would just like some divine aid. So if you can pray for me to receive personal revelation on the whole matter that would be wonderful.
Now, that is just stuff that goes through my mind. Nothing to worry about really. I know this task has been given me of the Lord and "I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I know there is a reason why I am where I am. I have been divinely positioned. I would just like some help.
Otherwise, the teaching has been POWERFUL. We are still working on teaching in unity, but I do love how Elder Dragon teaches. The food has been absolutely amazing and I am enjoying this transfer like nuts. The LORD has been with us. Brother M is progressing very well. He asks us so many questions! Yo! But he is very eager to learn and be baptized. The family we met last week is now hiding from us and we know not why. We again have been low on investigators so there is not much to write about.
Thank you and I love you. May the Lord give us light and understanding to fill our roles.
It sounds like things are still rough for Grandma and grandpa. I hope things will improve for them.I will keep them in my prayers.
I sent a picture for how we celebrated our 18 month mark. Of course we celebrated by teaching and doing the work of the Lord, but that made it better.
So Rachel has a boyfriend? She has to wait at least until I get home to do that. As for my birthday present for her you can give her a note that reads, "NO BOYFRIENDS! I love you like NUTS! Jakey" and it does not matter to me what else you get her. :)
Where did you find the thing for Jordan?
Connor is working at Jimmy Johns? Tell him he needs to make me a samitch and send it to me. That is POWERFUL!
I love you very much. Thank you for all that you do. I am blessed because of you. May the Lord guide us in our sojourn.
Keep the Faith
L O V E like a DISCIPLE of JESUS CHRIST
Elder TOM
No comments:
Post a Comment